Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please list....

Comments

• Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    My wife started calling me Rooster K, don't know why. I think it started when my hair was standing up after taking my cap off one day. I have had a Large BGE for three years and joined the forum last fall.

I grew up in North Dakota, and lived in:
    Waco, Nebraska
    Brookings,South Dakota
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Galesburg, IL
    Elmwood, IL
    Now in Brimfield, IL
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Got my name because I'm a trumpet player. My wife says it's because I eat too many beans. I live in a town, Plano, 25 miles north of Dallas. I was in the Navy and am Commander of an American Legion Post. I retired from Verizon after 31 yrs. I was born in Lynn, Ma.

Lived in:
    Peabody, Ma.
    Middletown, R.I.
    Macon, Ga.
    Virginia Beach,Va.
  • got my first of 3 eggs 7 years ago now .. .as for "mad max beyond eggdome" ... .my name is max ...always loved the mel gibson 'mad max' movies . . .road warrior was probably my favorite of the 3. .. .but the the lines in 'mad max beyond thunderdome' were classic ..."two men enter, one man leaves" and "break the deal, spin the wheel" and i loved tina turner and some of the other characters like the masterblaster. ...so when i got my first egg and had to pick a handle, coming up with "mad max beyond eggdome" came to me very quickly ....
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Oops, I forgot I have a large I bought a few months back and bought a small 2 weeks ago. These eggs are too much fun!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    And you named the Filly. -RP
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    I have 2 daughters, Emily and Melissa. therefore Em and M's Dad.

we live in Arnold, md just outside of Annapolis
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Tbone was the nickname I picked up a while back and it seemed ideal for this site. Mac was short for my last name. McCollum

I have had my medium now for 3 months, and for the past 2-1/2 months I have been wishing I went with the large.

I was getting ready to buy my 5th grill this spring when a friend of mine suggested I look at the BGE's before I buy. He even loaned me his DVD to watch. Did not take much coaxing to submit to the pressure and buy the egg. The best purchase/investment I have made. The family loves the food coming off the egg. BTW, I did my first boston butt this past weekend, forgot to take pic's :blush: , but it was a 10.3 lb that I cooked for 20 hours and it turned out great.

I live in the Northwest Corner of Tennessee, so 2 hours north of Memphis and 4 hours from St Louis.

I am a Project Manager for my company and do a lot of traveling both domestic and international.

Wife "filetmac" is her handle for the home computer and 2 boys ages 9 and 4.

Got my 15th wedding anniversary coming up in a week and my 20 year reunion coming up at the end of summer so I am already starting the menu plans for both occasions.

Love this site and spend more time viewing and learning than posting. Thanks for the great information that is placed here.
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Egg owner for about 3 yrs. now. I collect desert plants from all over the world, hence cactus doug. I live in Monrovia CA, approx. 10 mi. east of Pasadena.
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    "mojo" is a nickname my college roommate decided to call me the first moment he met me. It's sort of a contraction of my real name (Mike Josephs) and it just seemed to stick. I liked it at the time because of Jim Morrison ("Mr. Mojo risin") and I REALLY liked it when Austin Powers popularized getting one's mojo on!

I'm a pediatric surgeon in Austin, TX and I've had my large BGE for only 2 months now. I was always a gasser kinda guy because I hated charcoal, but now I'm completely hooked on the Egg and I'm loving the opportunity to cook and learn from everyone here.
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Born in Proctor, VT and now reside in Alpharetta, GA. Also lived in White River Junction, VT, Augusta, GA, Decatur, GA, and Albany, GA (where I had my first real job for about 10 years). When we moved from Albany back to the Atlanta area and settled in Alpharetta, I bought an Alfa Romeo. On AOL I used the screen name Alfalpha, sort of a combination of the car and the town, with a Little Rascals sound to it. Somehow got unregistered from AOL and when I tried to use Alfalpha again, AOL said it was taken so choose again. Keeping with the Little Rascals theme, I tweaked Buckwheat (a favorite character) to Buxwheat.
    Got my large back in 2002, after several friends in our Anesthesia dept. raved about them. My parents' next door neighbor had an old Kamado and I always thought it was pretty cool, so when the last gasser died, I made the switch. Never regretted it. There are probably over a dozen egg owners in our dept. now. Make a convert or two everytime we bring butts for luncheons. Would like to add a Mini.
  • rockytopsc
    rockytopsc Posts: 856
    Born "Mule Capital" Columbia, TN
    Grad UT-Knoxville
    Lived Jacksonville, NC; Seneca, SC; Anderson, SC

So I use rockytop (for my VOLS) sc (for SC)
  • chazz
    chazz Posts: 23
    my older brother called me chazz and it has stuck.
    Bought my large in 1996.
    Mostly a lurker on the website.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    born in dover OH moved to anderson sc in 1983

handle is my last name ;)

owned an egg since 2002 added the small in 06

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Geez, I guess I had better post 'cause it will take me all afternoon to read all these.

Born up yonder and moved to Texas when I was three. I'm a newbie in the last two-three years.

Handle says it all.
  • rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Born & raised in Northeast Louisiana
    The Handle "Rooster" is the nickname of my younger grandaughter.
    I lurked on the forum for a couple months, reading recipes and learning all i could from you folks.I built a table,bought a set up from the ceramic store,and ordered a mavrick. And I also asked Grandpas Grub a lot of questions.I bought my large egg on May 16 2009
  • egged back
    egged back Posts: 18
    Live in North Augusta SC been egging for about eight years and lurk here with the handle Egged back. The name comes about because, well I am just layed back and the egg makes it easy to be that way.
  • TXTriker
    Come on home, Guy. We're keeping the fires warm for ya.
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Owner XL BGE since Dec 2008 (but also owner other ceramic cookers for close to a year)
    Live in Frederick, Md area, about an hour’s driver from DC, (not rush hour)
    I made up GrillDaddy since I have been grilling for many years, Daddy because I have 2 children. One of them is a boy that can out eat most creatures on this earth not just man. :laugh:
  • From Tampa, Fl
    I got my 1st egg 5 years ago
    Handle- I originally signed on as "Borders", my last name. My friends and family call me Scotty or Scotty B, and my numerous Lawn Ranger handles have Scotty on them, so I decided to switch to Scotty's Inferno, which is a weak play on Dante's Inferno!
  • TXTriker
    What?! Frank, I'm disappointed. I thought you were moving to Houston. Corpus? That is really a pretty area to live and work.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    "Smokey" is short for what my wife says after cooking on the egg.

She often says: "Honey, you smell Smokey . You are not getting in our bed until you take a shower", but that is way to long to type in!

I have been in Atlanta for 21 years (originally from NY) and got my first egg about 11-12 yrs ago (now have three).
  • TXTriker
    Hey Double, I live on a golf course and don't play. Hit a couple of good ones for me, huh?
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Posting from Round Rock, TX

Handle was my son's nickname.

Been egging since Oct 2007. Started out with an LBGE, then an SBGE, another LBGE (now in La.) and traded up another LBGE for an XLBGE.

Finally dragged out the old gasser just this past month, because I'd been using him to hold parts/grids/accessories and now I have a beautiful table from the last TX Eggfest.
  • Cincykid
    Cincykid Posts: 67
    Grew up in Detroit but have spent most of the last 25 years in Cincinnati (I'm in software sales). I picked my handle from one of my favorite Steve McQueen movies, The Cincinnati Kid. Living here was purely coincidental... :whistle:

My wife bought me an XL for my Fathers Day in 08 and I added a Small later that summer. I need to find a way to sneak a large onto the deck. :)
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I'm an independent welding quality inspector and guys like me are known in the industry as "third party inspectors". Long before the internet, I was tagged with "thirdeye" and since it's kind of a unique nickname it's made a great forum handle. I've been an Egghead for about 6 years, live in Wyoming, and cook year-round on a small and a large Egg.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    my favorite line of the Inferno (I am easily amused):
    "ed egli avea, del cul fatto trombetta!"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • EggHeadFred
    EggHeadFred Posts: 123
    My name is Fred Vitale. Born and raised in Pittsburgh,Pa. Lived in Schenectady,NY for eight years before moving to Atlanta in 1973. Bought my Large Egg in April 07. I'm still an avid Steeler and Pirate fan.

Fred V.
    Smyrna, Ga.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Alabama born and Florida raised since 1 year old.
    I got my first Egg an XL a year ago and have since added a Large. I will soon add another large probably at Eggtoberfest.

I live in the Panhandle of Florida and I have a passion for smoking, so I threw the two together.
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    Dunedin Fl since 1972.

Handle speaks for itself with BGE.

Egging and forum for approx. two & one half yrs.

Never had food taste sooo good. :P :P :P

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Born in Idaho but really from all over. Mostly Md. DC and VA.
    Egging for seven or so years now.
    Handle is from an unfortunate incident with a water tight door while in the Navy....Those things hurt!