Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggheads are taking a beating

ShortRIb
ShortRIb Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So many people are commenting after the two page article in the Charlotte Observer. Some are calling us spoiled bankers that can't cook. Others think we over paid for a grill. People suggest that the Primo is better? Some even say you can't fit more than one butt on it.

I would bet that none of these guys have ever eaten on the egg. Too bad...they don't know what they are missing.

Check it out...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/508/story/733504.html

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    I could care less what other's think. I didn't even look at the link.

I love my Egg's

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    I have been called many things but I have never been called a banker. :laugh:
  • BANKER!!!!! Them's fightin' words! You can call me a low down, good for nothing , free loading, worthless sponge of a human being...but don't you dare call me a banker!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • EggHead09
    EggHead09 Posts: 52
    I started losing IQ points as I read some of the posts...I figured it was in my best interest to quit reading before I reverted my IQ to a preschool level LOL!!!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I have a lot of respect for this opinion Bob.

Cheers to you my desert friend.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I see Randy commented and I did too...

I even challenged them.. :)
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    You know it's funny, the world is full of people that like to talk down about something they know nothing or very little about just because it is not what they have or do. I say to each his own, they don't know what they are missing :silly: I became sick and tired of fighting lesser quality grills just trying to make great steaks and chicken; it wasn't until I purchased the Egg that I even considered Bbacks, butts, briscit, etc. CRAZY! about my EGG.
  • BigGreenDawg
    Celtic Wolf wrote:

Oh I gotta' go back and read that to get a grin after reading some of those rants.
  • popagar0
    popagar0 Posts: 136
    i did not all eggers were bankers. if i knew i needed to be a banker to get my egg that is just wrong! get a life . enjoy the egg.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    If everyone had an Egg, lump would be $75. a bag.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    No need to look. I know what I know. I'm sure others feel the same. But thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Thanks Fidel, I'm not getting into "My Ford is better then you Chevy. :(

My Best,
    Bordello
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    THat's really too bad that those folks don't know what they're missing. Oh well...
  • BigGreenDawg
    Celtic Wolf wrote:

Oh I gotta' go back and read that to get a grin after reading some of those rants.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Well there fault now. I told them I would bring my eggs to their homes to show them what they are missing
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Eggs are a no brainer, that is if you have a brain to start with.
  • Bordello
    Very well said. NUFF SAID. :)

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Howdy Shortrib
    Eggheads have been taking a beating for 10 years since I bought my first egg. There were regular bashings on other forums. It's funny really when you watch it all evolve over the past 10 years since I got my egg. People are taken back by the enthusiasm that eggers show. And then jealousy takes hold and they need to lash out.

Even the most powerful competitors in the country are now aware that eggs (and eggers) are not to be taken lightly. It's kinda cool. People who buy these things are as passionate as it gets. Ed Fisher has done things right, backed his product, constantly improved on it and somehow has pulled together a remarkably dedicated following. And among that following are a whole bunch of really, really good cooks.

There will always be naysayers, but eggers get a lot more respect these days overall. The people who are posting comments on the Charlotte newspaper forum are not representative of the masses.

Nice article by the way. Very nice read and extremely well written. And pretty accurate as well!
    Beers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Very well said Chis.

Regards & BEERS, :lol:

Bordello
  • "Given the choice of the egg vs primo, the choice is obviously an egg. The egg has the best customer service in the business. It also has more distributors, so getting EGG-cessories is easy. The forum is better run too."

THANKS!

(WMK and I will do our best to continue to improve it as time permits)
  • Panhandle Smoker
    I second that about the forum. Thanks for all you guys do. :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Opinions vary!!!

There are plenty of $1000 gassers out there. Personally I don't care much what they say. It's my money and I will do what I please, for now anyway.

GG
  • Re:Eggheads are taking a beating...

Perhaps we need to start a "Hall of Fame" here on the forum where all you guys that compete can show off all the awards you've snatched from "the big guys"....

Perhaps list the latest awards in one of the sidebars, like recipes, with a link taking you to a page with a full listing of all the various awards won in competitions using the BGE.

What do you guys think?
  • Celtic Wolf
    I am waiting for one of the naysayers to take me up on my challenge
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    You the one that started all that hoopala? Relax mang.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Celtic Wolf
    Wasn't me.... I am not the only Peter around here mang :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i didn't give a crap what folks thought of me before i bought a BGE, why do i care now?

seriously. when a child calls you stupid, why would you get upset?

the hardest thing to cultivate in one's self is the ability to nod politely while someone belittles you. i still can only do it very rarely, but this is one of those times
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    I've never seen so many stupid comments in my life. I really have to wonder how many of those people had even heard of an Egg before reading the article.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    there were even guys who used to berate eggers, eggs, anything BGE related. called them "eggholes", said they were insane, couldn't cook, and that their neighbors did nothing but laugh at them as they cooked on their immovable, hernia-inducing eggs.

and fast forward a few years, and these same guys get hired as reps for BGE and tour the country pimping it as if they were never hostile and belligerent in the least.

proof that anyone can come around, aint' it?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    I didn't get the negative spin. I think the guy liked his egg and showed eggheads in a positive light.