Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any good dessert recipes out there?

Options
KickapooBBQ
KickapooBBQ Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a dessert recipe to egg, maybe something with chocolate in it? Up for any ideas.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    choco chip kahlua cake

1 pkg german choco cake
    1 pkg choco instant pudding
    1 pint sour cream
    3/4 cup oil
    1/3 cup kalhua
    3 eggs
    1/2 bag choco chips

mix it all together, pour into greased/floured bunt pan

put into 350 egg, indirect over plate setter for one hour. . ..

fantastic cake. ..finish it with powedered sugar, or even drizzle with choco ganache, etc. ...variations are to use amaretto or orange liquor instead. . ..
  • Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Options
    I like plantains fried in a little butter in a CI pan then serve with some icecream. (homemade creamcheese icecream is great :woohoo: )
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is one of my favorites

egghatters chocolate dream roll

http://mysite.verizon.net/jct1013/id4.html

really good and easy also

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I would definitely agree with Bente. Egghatter's Chocolate-Nut Dream Roll is fantastic!! I haven't made it yet but I've sampled it at eggfests and it's to die for!!
  • reelgem
    Options
    That sounds great Max!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake.

Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    Options
    i dont have a sweet tooth so my desserts are limited. heres a portuguese rotten cake and some icecream bread thats good for breakfast (similar in texture to a banana nut bread)
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=437554&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Quick & Easy

Nutella Quesadillas
    (originated from GrillGurl)

Ingredients:
    1 pkg Flour tortilla shells
    1 jar Nutella spread
    Sliced strawberries & or bananas

Preperation:

Slice fresh strawberries and or bananas in thin slices. Set aside.

Spread Nutella on a flour tortilla shell with spatula, leaving 1/2 inch from the edges. Place sliced strawberries and or bananas on the nutella spread. One layer of fruit will suffice. Place another tortilla shell on top of the fruit to form a fruit quesadilla.

Cook on BGE at 300-350 direct for a few minutes. Watch carefully and don't let the tortillas burn. I turn these when grill marks appear. Flip with metal spatula. Place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice into 4 pieces, serve & enjoy.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    it is great. . .i'd take credit for it, bit it originally came from mrs. squeeze at eggtoberfest a few years back. ...been making it ever since. ..easy as can be, and really delicious!! . .
  • reelgem
    Options
    A Portugese Rotten Cake??? That sounds great!! LOL!!!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    Baked Alaska is a favorite. Play around with it. Add some chocolate syrup topping and or add chocolate chips during the cook. A recipe you can easily modify to your taste. :)
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Alaska-2/Detail.aspx
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i never get any takers on that one :laugh: goes good with olla podrida which is also known as rotten pot or putrid dish, butt, chicken, beef etc cooked in a single pot with garbanzo beans, cabbage, root veggies. then served in courses of soup/broth, meat, beans, veggies. been looking for a good recipe but there seems to be not much around for rotten pot dishes :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    maybe i should change the name to honey cakes but that just aint right :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    By chance are you using sour cream in the rotten cake??
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    I'm baking that triple chocolate & Kahlua cake for the Peoria Eggfest...kinda been a traditional thingee for me! See you there!
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Kickapoo,

That turned out to be a great question. You generated some good recipes that I saved for later use. Thanks for posting it.

BTW, where are you located?
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    I have no idea where this recipe originates from. It was passed on to me years ago by an old retired Doctor that I happened to meet in the grocery store while looking at the Cool Whip. :blink:

Forget that it is almost sugar free, forget that it is almost fat free, forget that it is almost healthy for you . . . the darn things taste great and take about ten minutes to put together. If you can let it set up in the frig for a little while it is easier to slice/serve.

Guilt Free White Chocolate Pie

[ol]2 packages Jell-O Fat Free/ Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix

1.75 C Skim Milk

1 Package Cool Whip Free topping (defrosted)

1 pre made crumb type pie crust (Keebler's Ready Crust work fine, any flavor)

1 Bar Dove Dark Chocolate[/ol]
    Mix pudding and milk well in medium size bowl. Before pudding sets up fold in Cool Whip Free. When well mixed transfer to pie crust. Grate the Dove Dark Chocolate over the top.

If you have family or friends that are diabetic, on a diet (or should be :whistle: ) this is one desert that everyone will enjoy!

Gator
  • fishlessman
    Options
    fukahwee maine