Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potato Wraps

ledmond
ledmond Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to the egg, about 6 months and have lost 52 lbs. as well. I cook every weekend and constantly try to come up with new ideas in addition to the great info I get from this forum.

Here is one we tried last weekend and it worked out great so I thought I would share it. I have been cooking potatoes (smoking) on the grille for several months now and it adds a great smoked taste. I usually cut smaller ones in half and quarter larger ones and spice to our liking usually 2:1 pepper/salt.

Last week we were wanting fajitas but decided to avoid the meat that day so we basically replaced the meat with a quartered potato. I also smoked all the veggies in a steam basket on top. We brought it all off the egg, made our fajita with all the normal fixings plus mushrooms, wrapped in a burrito size tortilla, threw it back on the smoker for 5 to 10 minutes per side and toasted it all. It was Heaven.

Next time we are going to add asparagus, which we have also smoked before.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Later today we are going to do burgers with the same wrap idea instead of buns.

Comments