Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How big is the box for the large egg?

hockeynut
hockeynut Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to purchase my egg (the large) this afternoon, but not sure if it will fit in my Corolla or if I need to borrow a friend's truck.

Anyone have the dimensions of the package?

Thanks!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i would borrow the truck. is it coming assembled, if not mine was boxed and strapped to a pallet
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • hockeynut
    Getting it from Sams Club. No idea how it comes, and its a 1 hour drive so I'd rather not do it twice.
  • fishlessman
    i would still bring the truck. if i read things right last week on the forum those sams eggs are not waranteed so you might want to call the atlanta store first to verify this, you want a warrantee
    fukahwee maine

• hockeynut
    Wow, thx for the info. I just assumed it would be warranteed as if I bought it from our local BBQ place that sells 'em.
  • The box is too big for the car. Sometimes they get damaged during shipment. Personally, I would want to check it out at the store so if it is broken it is still their egg. Of course, if you have to damage the box to check out the egg the box won't properly protect the egg on the drive home. A roll of boxtape may come in handy.
  • Ribhead
    Ribhead Posts: 123
    Hey Nut - GET THE TRUCK!

I purchased my large a few months back and I picked mine up with my Camry! (Toyotas bigger version of the Corolla) mine is a newer model if that matters!!

It barely barely fit! It took 3 knuckleheads to figure out the right angle then we pushed our arses off! It would not fit in the trunk! we pushed in the back seat!

It fit but barely! I would say it WILL NOT fit in your Corolla!

Rock on my good brother!
  • hockeynut
    Thx! My buddy has a big ole Dodge pickup (yes, its got a Hemi) so we shall use that.

Looking forward to getting all egged up!
  • fishlessman
    i would contact bge customer service first and ask
    fukahwee maine

• gladis
    gladis Posts: 25
    I got my LBGE on Friday assembled and it fit in the back seat of my f150 truck with no issues. Buckled it in and drove away! :cheer:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I would not and I repeat would not buy that egg from Sam's until you called the Atlanta.

After I found out about the dishonest way they procured those eggs and have sworn to continue that practice there is a good chance I will never step foot in a Sam's Club again.

However, if you insist ask them how they plan on covering the Lifetime warranty. If they tell you that is the Manufacturers problem than run away..
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    How did Sam's procure the eggs that is controversial?
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    They mis-represented themselves..

Anymore and you need to talk to the folks in Tucker.