Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ten Years, Ten EggFests

BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my large Egg ten years ago. I think it was March or April of 1999. That year Dale announced that he wanted to have a Waldorf EggFest. I posted a message on the earlier version of this forum that if they wanted live music my blues band was available. Little did I know that Dale was a blues fan (and a pretty decent singer, when it comes to Jimmy Reed covers :)

We got the gig, and for ten years we have gone to Waldorf (in, now I think, 4 different bands) to entertain all of the Eggers. It has been amazing every time, and it seems to get better every year.

In my time as a musician, I have had some great times playing. I have played blues festivals in front of over a thousand people. I have been in bands that have opened for some amazing blues artists. I've met BB King and a few other great blues artists, and some of them are friends of mine.

But this EggFest gig is one of my favorite gigs to play, and it's always a great time.

I really enjoyed playing there this year, and I'll be back in 2010!

Comments