Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING RICHARD FL

AL
AL Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ON THE BRISKET RECIPE I'AM GOING TO DO TWO BRISKETS. ONE TO EAT AND ONE TO FREEZE. SHOULD I FREEZE THE SECOND WITHOUT CUTTING IT WITH ALL THE JUICES WITH OR WITHOUT THE AUJUS MIX.
THANKS AL

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I took the 2 briskets, cut the fat off. Then cut in half and cooked direct around 275 or so. Had the big pieces on the bottom and the smaller on top, 2 grids. 1 hour each side.
    Then went indirect 300F and had two pans each with the whole brisket. added the liquid and heavy duty foil. These were stacked, no grid in middle and total about 4 hours. Pulled at 202F. Let cool in frig overnight and then cut on meat slicer about3/16 inch, cut into thirds and half pieces for bite size.. Wrapped into 4 HDAF packets, NO LIQUID. They are in the freezer and will be reheated with the Au Jus Sun AM and served in a hot chafing dish. Call me if I have confused you, I am!

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=633044&catid=1
  • AL
    WILL YOU KEEP THE MEAT IN THE TRAY WITH THE LIQUID OVERNIGHT AND THEN SLICE IT. BELIVE IT OR NOT I KNOW I'M POLISH AND I UNDERSTAND YOU. AL
  • Richard Fl
    The meat has been sliced and placed in foil and the freezer. Normally I would food saver it, however this project is just for 5 days in the freezer. Take out of freezer tomorrow and leave in frig to defrost 'til sun am. Then will make HOT Au Jus and cover meat and will have in a water bath commercial steamer container to keep hot, or you can just reheat the meat and au jus in a foil pan covered on the BGE.
  • AL
    WHO MAKES YOUR SLICER? AL
  • Richard Fl
    Is a household model from rival and bought in a garage sale about 15 years ago. $5 'cause the wife said the husband took it apart to clean and could never get it back together the right way. I use it about once a month and works well for my needs.

http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad&adid=2652146&cat=11110200

Here is it in a used condition. 1101E/6 mod # 125 watts motor, 6 inch blade.

About once a month it cuts some boneless turkey breasts, top round or similiar, never tried on cheese-should work. The biggest job it has done in years is the 20 lbs brisket the other day, but works for my needs.