Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest Site Updated - What are you cooking?

Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Despite the warnings of the invasive, dreaded Piggie Virus, I checked the Texas Eggfest site and there are now 23 cooks showing. Should be some good eats...which begs the question: What are you cooking?

I'm still developing my thoughts here but I know I'm in for:

- Big batch of my smoked Charra Beans
- Southwestern Rumaki
- Spicy Hoisin Satays

Also considering Honey Gold Wings (the bride's request), Tequila-Lime Shrimp or a Foccacia grilled chicken sandwich that my kids are lobbying for.....yes, I'll take votes from you guys.

But, the real question is WHAT ARE YOU COOKING?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Hold me a couple of the Honey Gold Wings please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    I don't knoooow!! :S :silly:

Cheers!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    As of now we are planning on cooking bourbon meatballs and bacon-wrapped watermelon rinds...yummy. I think SC wants to do a breakfast on his GriddleQ but not sure what yet - probably quesidillas (sp?) or his Egg McChicken.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    I'm not sure exactly, but my intention is to cook three courses that don't take much time each so I can have time to visit with other cooks and not be restricted by time or temperature to my BGE.

As of now, I am thinking of kielbasa sausages, portabella mushrooms, and grilled pineapple spears marinated in rum and brown sugar. But not necessarily in that order.

I look forward to seeing you there.