Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Headed for Austin

Options
Lake Conroe Egger
Lake Conroe Egger Posts: 285
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just sent in our (colleen and I) registration for the Texas Eggfest. OKC was so much fun, I couldn't resist an encore. Hope to make even more great new friends in the wide world of eggdom.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Will you have room for Chubby in the back of the bus? B)
    We are still working on getting Evans to Austin, I think the only reason could be: Chubby will not drive? :evil:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Have fun and don't forget your sombrero Frank!

053.jpg
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    Always room for Chubby!
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    Oh my gosh, what a picture!

It won't be the same without the ta-kill-ya shots and sombrero! Gonna have to order some of that Pineapple Head - makes for an interesting shot.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Great! The Texas Eggfest is not anything like OKC but it is still a lot of fun. You will really enjoy it even if we have to do it without Chubby. We look forward to meeting your wife and telling her how bad you were in OKC ;) See you at the Oasis on Friday? About 5 or 6:00?????

Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    Oasis at 5 - sounds like a plan!

Where did you say you all were staying? I think it was a Holiday Inn but not sure where.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Frank, I honestly don't think I could handle another weekend like that. Have a great time in Austin.
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you and your wife to our hometown.

Colin & Joni Haza
  • Spring Hen
    Options
    I talked to Bob Carrol of BBQ Outfitters and he said sundown is more like 8:00 p.m. (that's the "in" thing to do by the way - watch the sun go down over Lake Travis)...so....it looks like we should meet up more like 6:00 p.m. I'm going to post something about the Meet and Greet closer to the 8th.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 620 and 183.

See ya soon.
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Hen
    Options
    Hey Colin, will you all be able to join us on Friday night for a little Meet and Greet at the Oasis????

Looking forward to seein you again.

Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    I sure hope so. It really depends on what is going on in the legislature that day. The schedule becomes hectic and unpredictable during the last few weeks. It appears they will be in session for 4 of the 5 Saturdays in May. See you soon.