Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster

NationalFlex
NationalFlex Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a lobster receipe and cooking technique ideas???

Comments

• Florida or Maine?
  • I forget there was a difference. Either or both.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi NationalFlex,

Welcome to the forum. I have never cooked lobster on the egg but it sounds good, try a search for lobster and you will find plenty of ideas. Keep us posted, we love good food and photos of it. :cheer:

Gator
  • The only one I have used is for Florida Lobster. Being usually just the tail. I cut the shell down the back and pull the meat out of the Tail leaving it attached at the base of the tail. Lay the meat on the back and season, I used butter and paprika with a tad of lemon juice. I cooked indirect at 400 until done. I just look at the texture of the meat and the shells will be red in color. Some will leave it in the shell and cut the legs at both sides of the shell cooking them belly up. They are great on the Egg. :)

These are Florida Lobster
    before.jpg

after.jpg
  • Thanks for the hint. I will do that now.
  • Thanks so much. Sounds and looks great. Again - Thanks
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    That is about the only thing I do not egg. I just can not get past steaming and melted butter. Add a Loaf of sour dough and corn on the cob. I am a happy girl :)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hey Mainegg,

Can we have a big slice of wild blueberry pie with that please? Pretty please?? smiley_drool.gifsmiley_drool.gifsmiley_drool.gif

Gator
  • Here are some Florida lobster tails for my first cook on the mini. I split the back and cook in closed dome for 10 minutes, then pull the meat out on top of the shell and cook for 10 more.

CIMG2812.jpg

Enjoy those tails.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Eggin happily for 13 years!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    I just cut mine in half, season with a little olive oil and whatever type of seasoning that moves you. Start it flesh side down on medium high heat for long enough to mark it, turn it over and baste with butter to finish it off for a few minutes.
    Turf1.jpg
    Turf12.jpg
    SurfTurf3.jpg
    SurfTurf4.jpg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i with you, girl. steam the lobstah.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • That is why my first question was Florida or Maine. I am with yall 100% Hard to beat a Maine lobster Steamed With Butter. Our Flordia spinys and langosta are a little different.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    yup. agreed. i jumped too soon. i was more agreeing wioth mainegg than anything. i think you are right. if they are frozen lobster tails, there's no reason not to do them on the egg.

but a live lobstah, well..... steam and buttah. an' about 10 pounds of steamahs
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The first time I went to Maine it was served whole. A little deferent to what at the time was served in the south. I had no idea how to get after this over grown Mud Bug. So having spent a few years In Southern Louisiana, I got after it just like a big crawfish. pinch the tail and go from there but I did not attempt to suck the juices out of the head. These were two of the biggest lobsters I had ever seen. I think all the natives in the joint were entertained watching this southern boy tear into that thing. My date was quite entertained as she was native to
    Bangor. :laugh: :laugh: