Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gasket

Options
johann
johann Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just unpacked my small big green egg. That they had told me was coming with the white gasket, and well it came with the gray gasket. Other than being annoyed at that I thought well, maybe they fixed the adhesive and it will be ok, giving the benefit of the doubt etc.
On closer inspection some of the gasket is already peeling away. Never been cooked on, right out of the plastic. Seriously what gives?

*sigh* hopefully they will send out a new gasket, but man its a pain scraping and cleaning the old stuff off. Is it too much to ask to not have to do this on a new toy?

On a good note, I was able to jerry rig a small bge table attachment to the large bge table that I had built last summer. They are different colors, but I didn't have to spend any more money on cedar wood, since I had overbought so much for the last table. good times.

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    First thing Monday morning. Contact John at BGE HQ. Fantastic guy to work with on all your BGE problems.

If it were me I'd give my dealer first chance to make it right. Take a few photos and contact John as well, as he might up the QC before they leave Atl.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    My dealer here if you have a gasket failure will come to your house and replace it at no charge. Now thats a customer oriented dealer. ;)