Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another good rib sauce, (Long)

Options
ChefRD
ChefRD Posts: 438
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100-0007_IMG.JPG
<p />Hello all,
and welcome to all the newbies. This board never stops growing and with all the new cooks/recipes floating around, one can never keep up. :)
I haven't posted in a while but I found a new rib sauce on one of local tv stations (WNDU South Bend IN.) that I thought I should share. I made mine with a few modifications, like, less pineapple, little less vinegar, (since the peppers were packed in vinegar) and no pineapple wedges at the end, and didn't wait for overnite marinade time. ;)
I cooked them indirect over the platesetter and the temp went to around 300 so my times were more like, 2:45, 50 foiled, 30 direct with the sauce.
Came out great to me and the missus. :)
It kinda reminds me of the Ugly Brother's raspberry/chipotle sauce and if you like your sauce with a little Kick to it, you gotta try it!
It's that good.
Its a keeper for me.
Later dudes (and dudettes?) :)
ChefRD[p]Tami's Pineapple Rum Barbequed Ribs
Jun 14th, 2003 05:42:47 AM
Ingredients[p]5 lbs. pork country style cut ribs <- I used spare ribs.
2 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
1/2 c. minced onion
1 clove (1 tsp.) minced garlic
12 oz. jar of chili sauce
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pineapple juice <-I used juice from the can of crushed pineapple , maybe 1/4 cup
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. rum
4 oz. can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 c. pineapple diced <- I used about two TBSPS.[p]Directions[p]In a deep saucepan saute the onion and garlic in the oil until fragrant or slightly brown on medium heat (about 3 minutes). Add the chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, rum, green chilies, and red pepper. Stir well to blend all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and slightly reduce heat to let sauce thicken for 15 - 20 minutes. Make sure to stir often to prevent sticking. Once sauce is thickened add the pineapple and remove from heat., Use only half of the sauce and brush over the ribs. Refrigerate the ribs overnight. The next day heat the grill up on a medium heat (300 degrees). Place ribs on grill and slowly grill for 1 hour 15 minutes. Continue to baste with the other half of the barbeque sauce until the internal temperature of the ribs are 165 -170 degrees. Garnish with pineapple wedges and serve with a great pasta salad. Enjoy!!![p]
p.s. this is the recipe as posted. I made modifications as explained in the text above. But I want to give full credit to the original poster so here it is.
Ron.[p]

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    ChefRD,
    If you insist on posting life sized photos of delectable pieces of meat, we're gonna come over, kick your butt and steal the meat for ourselves. Dang, they look good! Thanks for the recipe.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    your welcome dude. I eat a lot and try new stuff and this impressed me so i posted it. ;)
    i've enjoyed your whiz flashburn? site too :)
    your video on flashbacks is great! i've been there several times. :) But now I have hair again on my extemities. ;)
    But I know it will be gone again someday.
    Anyway, hope u enjoy the sauce, I did.
    later.
    ChefRD