Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Night's Lineup

Goobs
Goobs Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After lurking for quite some time, I have finally decided to stop being lazy and add something to the forum.... Its the least I can do based on all of the great advice I have gotten from reading the board regularly!!

Anyways, I finally finished my new table for my Medium and Mini, so I wanted to christen it with something good...

So for dinner, I planned on thick NY Strips and Lobster Tails (lobster for me only-- the wife is not a fan!)...accompanied by baked potatoes and fresh asparagus (picked from the in-laws garden)...

At the same time, I wanted to test out cooking ribs (1 rack of spareribs and 1 rack of beef ribs) in advance-- I need to cook a lot for a BBQ I am hosting in a few weeks, so I wanted to try out a method I got from the forum for cooking them followed by freezing them...

Dinner was all done on the Mini, and the ribs filled up the Medium (I need a large...).

Here are some pics:

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

Comments

• Goobs, great, great pics. Keep up the good work. It looks like you'll be giving the advice now!!

Welcome to the forum.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily Eggin for 13 years and counting.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    great lookin 'lineup' there goobs...nice job! thanks for the pix...interesting mix of eggs you started with there...medium and a mini..looks like they did the job for you! ;)
  • Goobs
    Thanks everyone...

Yup, the medium/mini is a weird combo...

In an effort for full disclosure, my wife actually bought me the medium (my first egg) as a present a little over a year ago... I didn't even know what an BGE was at that time (great wife!)!

Of course, I became addicted...

Then, I got the mini because I thought it would be great for quick/easy weekday cooks (it is...)

But, I think the large will added to the family soon... w
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    goobs, lookin good there buddy, great set-up you have & good lookin food. I am wondering about the table you made, actually where it is, it almost appears to be indoors... what's up above that? Regarding the mini, you were definitely thinking along the right lines, great, great little cooker, welcome, Marc
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Welcome and keep posting. I've had only the large for about a year and wouldn't trade it. You're ahead of me with the mini, thinking that needs to be my next egg for quicker weekday cooks.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Goobs
    Zippylip,

The photo is of an alcove in a covered patio/deck... open air on 3 sides... does look a little "indoor" in the pics... but the eggs fit in well in the little nook...

And I agree, the mini rocks...
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Glad you're posting. Everything looks fantastic!! That one strip steak is HUGE!!!
    That's a beautiful table you made.
  • Goobs
    It was a big strip (USDA Choice/ Angus)-- on sale for 5.99/lb which is a pretty decent price for around here (eastern nc)... 2.1 lbs for around $12.00... hard to complain...

Thanks for the comments about the table!
  • Goobs
    It was a big strip (USDA Choice/ Angus)-- on sale for 5.99/lb which is a pretty decent price for around here (eastern nc)... 2.1 lbs for around $12.00... hard to complain...

Thanks for the comments about the table!
  • Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Hey Goobs,

Nice looking table AND nice job on the food items!

Love the cutting board!

Is the Mini missing a gasket already? :laugh:
  • Goobs
    Lab Rat,

Great Eyes... The mini is definitely missing a gasket.. I killed it about a week or so after buying the mini ... I was doing a high temp sear, and apparently it was a little too much for gasket because it quickly melted off.. I bought a replacement a month or so ago, but I have yet to replace it! lazy..lazy..lazy.. but the new table worked out pretty good, I think...

The cutting board is the best! "Boos Blocks" are awesome and they have a lifetime warranty (I have already verified that they stand by that...).. They are the best!