Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Earthbox

Options
Buxwheat
Buxwheat Posts: 727
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I saw a post here recently of a self-watering plant box that someone made out a a plastic storage box, but I can't find it using 'Search'. I'm probably not using the right terms in the search, so if someone remembers this post and can direct me, I would appreciate it. I built one yesterday, but not wild about how it turned out. Probably could have bought a genuine Earthbox for about the same price. Plan on putting my tomatoes in on Good Friday. We are supposed to have some cold weather here in GA next week, so I'll hold out planting for a few more days. Got one 'Roma' for salads and cooking and one 'Better Boy' for 'mater samitches and eatin' slices. Haven't grown my own in a while since our soil here sux. I filled this box w/ Miracle Gro potting mix so I won't have any problem w/ nematodes, which seem to ruin tomatoes around here. Also, is OK to put three tomato plants in one of these boxes? Instuctions say only two. My planting area is 25 X 15". Here is the design I followed (but used a different box): LINKY

Comments