Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All My Rowdy Friends

Comments

• DoveHunt
    DoveHunt Posts: 14
    Wow...Lots of wires there. I am new to egging and also have the XL. What is that set up you have? Also like the table..Another question it appears your egg might be under cover, my egg replaced the grill wich was on the edge of covered porch. Grill worked out well, but smoke from egg gets trapped in porch and runs you out any suggestions. Love being able to "all weather" cook
  • Well, let's see. There is a BGE XL with 2 Boston butts at 185 that were started at 7pm yesterday. There's a Maverick Redi-Chek ET-73 2 wires for monitoring the food temp and the temp at the grill. It has a remote wireless monitor (on my coffee table) and can be set for hi/lo temp alarms. Then there's the BBQ Guru DigiQII (my first cook with it) that has 2 wires for monitoring the food temp and the temp at the grill. It also controls the BGE temp via the fan attached to the bottom air intake/damper. The table is on castors for mobility. You are right, it's under the open air patio and the smoke...... don't you just love it? No wires on the MGD!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    That looks worse than the cop on the beat.No room to hang anything else.
  • Power Draft and Geniune Draft side by side! Awesome!!

Bob Trudnak
  • 2Butts.gif
    A view of the finished butts, the rack, drip pan and legs up plate setter.
  • Mine is in the open as of now…But, this summer it will move under cover into an attached porch if all goes well.
    The porch is pretty small, only about 8’ x 14’ and is also the entry to the house. I’m not too sure how this will all work, but I’m hoping for the best :unsure: !
    My thought is to have a 12” “whirly bird” ventilator directly above the Egg, through the roof. I don’t see a need for a hood, but that may help do some collecting if need be.
    We’ll see…Life is only an experiment.