Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How and Why should you use coffee wood

Options
Smoking Jeffie
Smoking Jeffie Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just recieved a order of Rubs from the John Henry's Co. They put in 6 packs of coffee wood chips from me to demo. I work for a grill shop and none of us know how to use this type of wood. I would like your help!!

Thank You

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Hi Smoking Jeffie,

I'm going to take a wild stab at this and guess that coffee is a fruit and you could use it like any other fruit wood when smoking. I have never heard of anyone using coffee but it sounds very interesting. I would love to hear how it works out.

Gator
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    You're thinkin way too much about it. Use them like any other chips and like GB says keep us posted.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i searched [a lot] and the site coffeewood.com would not open.. i found a blog or two that said it is used a lot in costa rica for grilling and is mild and used on chicken and pork
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Rusty Rooster gave me some from the coffeewood.com company last summer. He found it in georgia. They have siance disappeared.
    I like it with pork and poultry. When I do steaks I toss in a few LARGE tablespoons of coffee grounds and that adds a nice taste to beef. Also place the old grounds in an aluminum pouch with some holes and works well with any thing. I just save my grouinds, dry them out and store after very dry, if you just tgoss them into a sealed container they mildew. Hope this helps.