Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken

mo egg
mo egg Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have a chicken half im going to cook today. spices i have are dizzy dust, shaking the tree and raging river. what is your favorite for chicken. also does 350 temp. on raised grid sound about right. thanks for any reply and advice

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Shaking the tree is my favorite on chicken. 350 or 400 are both fine
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I like any of the rubs you have listed.

Some Raging River and a can of diced tomatoes, onions, peppers & a little garlic sounds like a good cook.

Thinking further, get some tortillas and go whole hog.

GG
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I made my spatchcock chicken last night with Big'uns Carnivore rub and Carnivore Robust BBQ sauce and it was delicioius. You should try it sometime, you'll be more than pleased.

I found this is on Naked Whiz's site.
    "You can also rub the chicken with your favorite rub. We have used McCormick's Montreal Roasted Garlic Chicken seasoning and their Montreal Steak Seasoning, but our favorite is Dizzy Pig Raising The Steaks Canadian style steak rub. Yes, we use a steak rub on chicken."

You really can't go wrong with any of Dizzy Pig rubs.
  • I did chicken last night. Washed it and patted dry. Rubbed with olive oil, and applied a generous amount of Tsunami Spin. Was wonderful! :woohoo:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I have been cooking my chicken raised grid direct at 400-425. The skin crisps up nicely and the chicken is very tasty...any of those rubs will do...
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Anywhere from 400° to 500° dome for about an hour gives great results. Put a pot of spuds, onions & peppers under the bird.

As Kim says it's a great cook.

GG
  • BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    HI Vidalia 1

Question, I know this subject is on chicken,
    but didn't you give a recipe on ribs about
    2 weeks ago? Wasn't it the 2/45/45 recipe?
    If did could you please give it to me again?
    Thanks BullyC
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Believe it or not I like Old Bay seasoning. I looked on the side and it says use for chicken and I did some wings first and it was great and everyone was surprised and pleased.
    Try it sometime
    E