Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rotisserie

Options
407BGE
407BGE Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone rigged up their egg to have a rotisserie. The only way I could think to have this work would involve drilling two holes in the egg which I would not be willing to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Salguod
    Salguod Posts: 130
    Options
    Yes, that is basically what you would have to do. You need a gasket level slot on one side because you have to lay the shaft down (unless you want to skewer the food over a hot cooker; you can't slip a chicken through a shaft hole). On the other side you need a hole to slip the shaft through and a bracket to hold the motor. Take a look at the Weber charcoal rotisserie ring accessory to see what I am talking about.

The only ceramic cooker that I know of that comes fitted for a rotisserie is the Komodo Kamado. You can check them out at:
    http://www.komodokamado.com/KomodoKamadoNew/

Excellent product, just be ready to put your credit card on "stun". But really, the rotisserie isn't so needed with the BGE because of the heat retention, convection, etc. I have the rotisserie on my old Weber, but I haven't used it since the egg.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    There have been a number of attempts to rotisserize the Egg, including this one:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=499767&catid=1

But you really don't have to.

Spring "Over And Over And Over" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    that spinner made some pretty good chicken. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    The chicken looked good.

I'm curious about the design. Is the ring sloped from front to rear in order to avoid having to modify the BGE dome?

If so, it might just be a great accessory.

Spring "Sloped Sideways" Chicken
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    that was the medium egg with the large's 2 inch fire ring as the filler piece. used a steel plate on the spring assembly/bands to lift the dome off the base and match the 2 inch ring.
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.