Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest 2003 spectacular

Brett
Brett Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got back an hour ago from Waldorf from my first Eggfest. Bluesnbbq put out some great tunes throughout. The food was also fabulous, with everything from East European meat pies to an infinite supply of succulant chicken legs from woodoggies egg, covered with every rub dizzy pig has to offer. Woodoggies also walked off with the top doorprize of a mini-egg. [p]I am a mettlehead myself (Klose pit) but my kcbs teammates char buddy and max byond thunderdome (both eggers)convinced me to come along, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The egg is a good little cooker, that's for sure, and the people that use them are tops. [p]Brett

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Brett,[p] Got back a couple hours ago, myself after sitting in some terrible traffic on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Gotta agree with you on the band -- they sounded awesome today! And, as usual, the food was outstanding. I think it's safe to say that there was enough food cooked to feed everyone there three times over and we managed to eat two-thirds of it! [p]Mike
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 56
    MikeO,
    Yeah, Max and I saw the back-up close to the bridge and managed to get off at 295 and go through the city instead. Sounds like it was the right choice. [p]Brett

• Brett,
    come on partner. .. its mad max beyond EGGdome. . ..
    today was a GREAT DAY!!!!!

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Brett: I too had a wonderful time at Eggfest so much so that I want to do the Atlanta thingy just one time. I arrived at 0930 and shortly after, I was greeted by a delicious scrambled egg and sausage casserole followed shortly by some pulled pork, European meat pies, KennyG's chili (yummy,) Teriyaki chicken, Woodoggies chicken legs, Natureboy's squid, BGE pizza (that was out of this world,) ribs, beef ribletts, jerked chicken and beef, and a piece of a green apple that had a chopped walnut center with dates and other tasty stuff topped off by some fancy liquor. The beer provided was also very much appreciated.[p]There was more food and varieties than I could ever imagined. Everyone was so nice to this newbie and while I can see everyone's face, I cannot remember all the names. It was my honor to meet such nice folks as Chris, Woodoggies. KennyG, Tony, Smoking Todd, QBabe and several nice couples from Virginia, South Carolina, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and a particularly nice fellow from West Virginia.[p]All-in all this was a great day for this country boy.

• Brett,
    this was one fine day!!. . ..the food was unbelievable, both in its imagination, and taste. . .and what a blast to finally put some faces with the names. . .qbabe, stump, smokin todd, kennyG, wessB, etc. . .good tunes, et al. . .[p]and i got to spend time with my eggheroes charbuddy, nature boy and woodoggies who turned me on to egging in the first place. . [p]we may just have to figure out a way to make the road trip to HOTlanta for eggtoberfest (we can stop at the varsity and eat chile dogs chased with frozen oranges and hot pies). . .[p]now considering your creativity (who else would think up marangues for the egg?) we just have to break you of that metal head mentality and get your better half to let you buy an egg (or you can diddy bop across the street anytime and use mine so long as i get a taste). . .[p]thanks to all who made this a great day. ..

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]It was a great day and great to hang with you again.
    The variety and quality of the food was spectacular and I've got to say...... your butterflied flank steak pinwheel thingees were my favorite of the day.[p]Here they are precook.....[p]EggFe009.jpg[p][p]And here they are before the last of those beauties were snapped up....[p]EggFe014.jpg[p]
    I'm doing your recipe very soon..... too good![p][p][p]

• WooDoggies,
    damn handsome guy with the meat if i do say so. . .or is it damn handsome meat with the guy??? .. .glad you enjoyed. ..i loved the dizzypig variety drumsticks as well. .. can't wait to try out my dizzypig rubs (got the five pack + samples from nature boy today). .. seriously considering what to 'egg' tomorrow night. . . [p]plain and simple - today was as much fun as i've had in a while. . . :-)

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    EggFe020.jpg
    <p />Brett,[p]It was a lot of fun cooking next door to you again.... and nice that it didn't dump rain on us this time, eh? :~)[p]
    Here's Char buddy beating the batter for your meringues.
    He seemed paricularly enthralled with this task, wouldn't you say?[p]I look forward to cooking next door to you again in August![p]John

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    WooDoggies,[p]I'll 2nd that, those flank steaks were amazing. We will be giving them a try this week I'm sure because Mrs. Chuck loved them as well. Great photos, thanks for sharing.[p]Chuck <><

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    WooDoggies,
    We just got our cofirmation letter from New Holland so we will make it this time for sure. Looks like you folks had a great time again this year, sorry we missed it.[p]Earl

• Chuck,
    thanks chuck, and i expect to hear from you next week on how your's turn out. . .yesterday was one outstanding day all the way around. .

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Brett,[p]those meringues turned out great. I'm gonna try them at home. To ward off temp imbalances I'm gonna do an indirect set up with firebricks or some other ceramic mass to get an even temp and avoid temp spikes.[p]That was a brilliant idea to try meringues on the egg. The beef short ribs were great, too. [p]CB