Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Roast wrapped in bacon

Boccie
Boccie Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
porkroast1.jpg
<p />Done a pork roast tonight. It’s one of our favorites. We tried something different this time and cut finger size holes in it and stuffed with garlic and Romano cheese. Wrapped the whole thing in bacon. Smoked with a medium size chunk of hickory wood. Cooked this to an internal of 145deg – which took about 2 hours at 350deg (approx 4lb roast).[p]The results were exceptional. The aroma alone had the family gathered in the kitchen. Very juicy and fantastic flavor. Well worth doing again.
porkroast2.jpg[p]Also tried the grilled stuffed apples again using Cameo apples. Didn’t smoke these. They turned out much better than last time. :-)
RoastedApples3.jpg

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Boccie,
    ya know, it's late, I'm still stuffed from dinner tonight (out with friends, 2 hours in a Greek restaurant...eating, drinking, appetizers, dessert, after dinner drinks...)
    but that is a great looking treat! I can't believe my mouth started watering looking at that picture....
    Congratulations, it looks like you have mastered that project![p]Mike in MN

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Mr.%20Toad
    <p />Boccie,
    If you like the bacon wrap, maybe you'd like to try the following one. It's a recipe from Mr. Toad.
    The pic is of one I did last year using Mr. Toad's recipe.
    Absolutely fantastic!
    B D

[ul][li]Mr. Toad's Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Big Daddy,
    I've been meaning to ask a question about doing these pork loins that have been sliced or spiraled - how do you gauge internal temperature? How do you know your thermometer probe isn't measuring the temp of fig jelly instead of pork? Maybe it's easier than I think - haven't done one but definitely plan to (even bought some figs)! Thanks.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Cornbread Willy,
    I hope you still see this,I've been away for a couple of days.
    I stick the thermo (polder) in the middle slice of the loin. It seems to work pretty well. I also check it with an instant read Thermapen when it'close to done.
    B D