Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

\"Sticky\" Posts or FAQ Additions?

Options
Nils
Nils Posts: 82
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Something I have used on other forums are "sticky" posts - where they get stuck to the top of the list by the web site administrator.

Posts that are frequently refered to, or that are constantly repeated get this kind of treatment so they are then easy to find for everyone.

Alternatively, I have seen these type of posts moved off to a "FAQ" section. Sometimes this is not an alternative - but an augmentaion to "sticky" posts, i.e. once a post gets so much attention (or noteriety!) through being sticky, it gets moved over to FAQ.

I see several topics that repeat, but get "lost in the frey" on this website and get repeated, repeatedly...

Topics fitting this category are (the short list):
1) Lighting, or care & feeding of a fire in a BGE
2) Gasket issues
3) Thermapen questions
4) DIGI-Q questions
5) Types of charcoal
6) How long do I cook...
7) What temperature do I...
8) DIY Egg Carts
9) The Spider, or other DIY grill extenders

Maybe if these topics were granted a place in FAQ, or made a "sticky" post - the balance of the questions around these topics could be more focused on making these specific FAQs more detailed, or more encompassing.

A lot, if not all, of these topics have rather detailed explanations on other web sites, so conslidating these in one place (like a FAQ) would be nice, too.

Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks,

Nils

Comments