Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey injection marinade: recipes??

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking about trying to inject my next turkey breast. I searched the forum archives but got errors--does anybody have a good injection marinade recipe, and how much should be used for say a 6 lb turkey breast? Also, any opinions/tips on injecting a turkey breast? I'm sorry if this has been covered previously and I just missed it.

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    TRex,[p]Tony Chachere's Garlic Butter marinade/injection is pretty darn good. Walmart sells it with a syringe for $3.39.[p]Jim
  • rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    TRex, [p]This is a great injection recipe I never use any thing else

6 T Salt
    2 T ea. Creole Seasoning
    Frenches Mustard
    Worcestershire Sauce
    -Cayenne Pepper.
    1 T ea. Celery Salt,Garlic Powder,
    Onion Powder And Lemon pepper[p]Put all ingredients in a quart jar and fill it to 3/4 full of boiling water. Let stand for 1 hour. Filter through cheesecloth. If you don't have cheesecloth use panty hose. Reserving the solids.Then inject the liquid into the turkey. Rub the solids on the turkey inside and out.
    Refrigerate from 24 to 48 hours. Then cook it on the green egg or in the oven or deep fry give it a try you won't be sorry

[p][p]
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    TRex,
    The Tony C's marinade should be good. But I usually mix my own.
    I'll dissolve a couple of boulioon cubes in water, add a stick or two of buttter (depending on how big the bird is) blend in some Tony C's seasoning, onion and garlic powder and a little liquid crab boil.[p]Since you're doing only a small turkey breast, you won't need much. Good luck!