Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Extender for Med. w/plate setter?

Options
Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made the mistake of purchasing an extender for my medium and guess what? It doesn't close when I'm cooking indirect on my plate setter.

Should I buy the extender for a small? How is everyone handling this? THANKS

Comments

• Slotmercenary
    Options
    must be a problem because mine fits fine.
    if you need more room take out the fire ring and try it.
  • Smokin' Lady
    Options
    I found the same thing with the extended grid, it's ok without the plate setter for chicken, etc. but the lid wouldn't close when I wanted to try stacking two pizzas. I'll try removing the fire ring next time, I never thought of that.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    There was a lot of confusion about this when I was looking to achieve a raised grid. My understanding, unless they've changed it, is that it will not close if you position it on top of the regular grid, and want to get up above the felt level. I guess it's designed to go on the fire ring, althought I don't see what the advantiage is.

Here's how I did mine:

DSCN3033.jpg

The top grid is a 13 inch Web?r replacement, with 3-3/4 stove bolts. If you do this, you only need 3 legs. They will straddle food better.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Make you one with the 13 inch like Dyna said
    NEW08022-1.jpg

NEW08024-1.jpg

NEW08025.jpg

NEW08029-1.jpg