Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini temp ? Who cares

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well after all that adding new to old spike in temp,we try again saturday
But look what my new mini did for Me !!
Thanks for all the help guys

100_0360.jpg

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Looking good! Nice work.
    I fired up the mini tonight for lamb patties. Then made gyro samitches with the patties. ooooyeah...good stuff. The mini works the same as my large with raised grid and homemade plate setter. I can do anything..just on a smaller scale. I can cook 250 eight hours straight or 700 for a fast sear then back down again to roast at 350. Setups make all the difference.
    I love my mini.
    BGEminisetup0013.jpg
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    needs just a touch of garlic... :woohoo: :P
    Just pullin your gerkin. Nice cook!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Got to love the mini.

GG
  • Grasshopper
    Options
    Clay Q - Homemade platesetter - tell me about it.
  • aaind
    Options
    More temp testing sat will find the leak if there is one
    But think about this I filled at 9:30 went to 400 at noon went back to 250 at and I got it to 575 for the steak on 1 fill I think I am going to love this mini
    Dave
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Did you have the egg stabilized before you left, if so for how long? How much lump did you put in?

On the mini - I can get about 3 to 4 hours at 350° - 400°. Lump filled to top of fire box.

With that amount of lump I can't get much higher than 450° - 500° and that is with lower vent wide open and not DFMT.

Kent
  • aaind
    Options
    I dint have the bottom open 1/6" most of the time ,and I too had it filled to top of fire box
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    If you meant 1/16" I would expect 250° or so.

I still would expect the DFMT had changed.

Kent
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    here is the one i made from a 9" pizza stone

232323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B2%3E586%3Ewsnrcg%3D323248%3C%3B825%3A3nu0mrj
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Nice work! :cheer:
  • Clay Q
    Options
    I needed to make some kind of indirect setup for my mini so I looked at the large plate setter, made a scaled down drawing of it onto a BGE pizza stone and then I cut to the lines using a right angle grinder with a masonry disc. Filed and sanded the edges so it felt good in the hands. Lots of dust, lots of work but...I got me a plate setter.

If BGE offered a plate setter for the mini I think they would sell quite a few. Perhaps they don't realize that the mini is very capable, that they think of it as a 'novelty' hamburger and hot dog grill only.
    Anyhow, I got a plate setter and I use it often.
    BGEMiniaccessories006.jpg