Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

is this a good deal on a LBGE

roadking100
roadking100 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quick....Need some help

My local dealer has a cypress table that had a small defect (nick/chip) on the wood BGE replaced it for the customer..

He said that the next LBGE sold would get the cypress table free.

I asked about any discount and he said he'd throw in some accs for me

So, a LBGE, cypress table, and some accs for a whopping $650.

Is this a good deal? I only have about 2 hours before they close and I am going to be gone for a few days. So will the deal i am afraid.. Should I jump on this?

Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Yes, I think that is an excellent deal...that table usually goes for $300 or so, and a LBGE will usually go for more than $650 all by its lonesome.

JUMP! :woohoo:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Yes, same as Jeffersonian said. Grab it!
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Hop like a Bunny!

Jump like a Kangaroo!

Grab that sucker -- Now!
  • Watcha waiting for,I wish i had that deal.I would already be there,call them @ go.....BYE...
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Like Jeffersonian, I can't even get a large egg for $650 in my area!!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    run there now!!!

buy a platesetter and pizza stone and some lump while you are there and then run to the grocery store so you will be able to miss it while you are gone... most of us around here miss our when we go somewhere :blush: even if there is an egg there for me i still miss mine :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bama Chad
    Bama Chad Posts: 154
    What the dealer's #? :whistle:
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    You need to jump all over that deal. I know a few hundred eggheads that will if you don't. By the way, what is the dealers number?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • OHhhh YAAaaaaa :woohoo:
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • Ooooops
    The ole bait and switch.BS

Got there, its NOT 650, but 750 and about 75 bux of accs. with the long table, but NO casters.

And NO its not in stock, and if you want it delivered, its another 50 bux..

Think I may take a pass on this..
    Thanks to all that replied.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    It's still not a bad deal, but not the killing $650 would have been.
  • bubba tim
    think again, the msrp on just the large is 699.99 plus the table ( you can add the casters from HD) another 299 to 399. So you are around a grand for a large and a table. I is still a deal. I live in Fl and wish I could get a deal like that.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Jeffersonian and bubba tim

I know what you guys are saying, I almost pulled the trigger, but it seemed like they were pulling a fast one, esp when he says, Oh and its not in stock.

will have to give this some thought. I agree, the table is the deal, but some other dealers in town are giving 10% off the egg alone.

Having never eaten anything off a BGE, the food would have to be over the top for me to hand over the 800 bux this will now cost with tax..

thanks for the input.
  • Jeffersonian and bubba tim

I know what you guys are saying, I almost pulled the trigger, but it seemed like they were pulling a fast one, esp when he says, Oh and its not in stock.

will have to give this some thought. I agree, the table is the deal, but some other dealers in town are giving 10% off the egg alone.

Having never eaten anything off a BGE, the food would have to be over the top for me to hand over the 800 bux this will now cost with tax..

thanks for the input.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Jump how high?Go get it before he changes his mind.
  • bubba tim
    Roadking...(heavy breathing)(think Star Wars) Come to the Eggside. Feel the Eggforce! Think about it, If it did not cook great things, then why would it have a following like this? Goggle big green egg and see what ya get.
  • lawdog
    lawdog Posts: 6
    Roadking... Let me guess is this a N.E. Ohio dealer around a certain "Park" that races horses??? I went looking last week and found the same "deal"... It was $740 for the LBGE with the table thrown in for free. Problem was that I found two other dealers a little further South that had way better customer service and the LBGE was more than a $100 less. One in particular. I figured for the price difference I could build a table myself and get some accessories. I got the same bad vibe when they got me in the door saying x and then told me y when I was standing there... I also found another dealer in the Akron area that has a Large Demo for sale for less than $500 but obviously no warranty. I found out some dealers will try to gouge you on price saying well its $900 and I will give you 10% off... yada yada... If you like I can tell you the name of a very good dealer I found with accessories and great service and knowledge as they all own the egg and cook on them. Even have cooking classes every other Thursday.
  • The bait-and-switch is BS; I'd avoid them completely.

FYI...Beware the "aftermarket" tables too - seems to be a bunch of folks creating them here in MN for a couple of the dealers. They are not representing them as BGE tables, but they are still a couple hundred bucks and the ones that I've seen are JUNK. Nice enough cedar, but put together with cheap little staples or inadequate screws.

I had a LBGE with one of these tables being delivered from my hometown dealer. Table fell apart as it was coming off the truck (although the delivery guy tried to pound it back together with his hand thinking I wouldn't see him) and then the lid came off and bounced off the grass because they hadn't assembled it correctly. Lid didn't break, but the band around the lid was bent at this point.

I had them put it back on the truck and went back to the store and got my money back. They were not happy, but I lost confidence in them as a BGE supplier.

At this point the plan is to attend the Midwest Eggfest and pickup a demo large from a dealer that knows their stuff. I'll get the nest to start and build my own table.

Good luck!

Scott
  • lawdog
    lawdog Posts: 6
    Did you end up getting the egg?