Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

flat iron steak

Options
kicker
kicker Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a recipe for flat iron steaks.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    keep it simple. ... a little salt and pepper... if you have some dizzy pig rubs a little cow lick or raising the steaks. .. if you really wnt to marinade, a simple soy sauce with some diced up shallot or garlic, you can kick it up a notch with a shot of bourbon or jack. ..

flat iron is a pretty thin steak, not worthy of a 'trex'. ..simply grill direct at 500 for a couple of minutes per side till done. ...keep an eye on it. . .you want to pull it when it hits 125 - 130 internal .... let it rest for 5 minutes or so to let the juices re-distribute. ..slice and serve. .dats it. . .its good!!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I like to marinate them in the marinade from the Good Eats episode Raising The Steaks. Then I sear them directly on a bed of roaring hot charcoal, then finish them on a grid until they are medium rare. Tasty! You can find the recipe for the marinade at foodtv.com.

Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • kicker
    kicker Posts: 2
    Options