Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheese cake on the egg!

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
a few weeks back some one had posted a recipe for amaretto cheese cake. so i decided i would try it out!
man what an easy desert and very tasty also!
here is a pic of it as it came off the egg. baked it at 325 for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

127.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    It looks great!I'm gonna go get my fork!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

That was me. I opened hoping to find another cheesecake recipe to try out. That looks mightyfine, and as Mike said this is real easy.

101_2407640x480.jpg

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested.

Amaretto Cheesecake
    Found this on a di Saronno recipe card - tasted like a custard - very nice and real easy to make

Ingredients
    1-1/2 cups coarse graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 stick butter, melted
    1 fifteen ounce carton ricotta cheese
    1 eight ounce package cream cheese
    4 eggs lightly beaten
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/3 cup Amaretto di Saronno
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine crumbs and butter and brown sugar. Press over bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan, chill. Beat together the ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients - beat until smooth. Put mixture into pan. Stabilize the Egg at 325. Bake (indirect - legs up) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the middle is firm. Cool 20-30 minutes in pan before removing.

Mine took about 1-1/2 hours to cook.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    yeap that is the one i got the recipe from.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    We did one a while back ourselves, the Wife is a Cheesecake Maven!!

Setup...

P1010001-9.jpg

We also used a water bath.

Result...

Cheesecake2.jpg

Damm...I'm hungry

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    A Maven? Why the big words (I had to look it up and it wasn't, unfortunately, what I though it was)? Couldn't you have just said "expert?" It would have saved me some time.

I have been using the Cook's Illustrated baking book lately for some breads and deserts and have been looking at giving the cheese cake a try (very involved) and even completed the first step - bought a spring form pan. Now, due to this thread, I have to give it a try.
  • Chubby
    Options
    Long time no see Boss!!

Why don't you give some thought to showing up over @ Leroy's on October 4'th for the Coop-di-Doo?

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Yeah, due to this work thingy I haven't had my usual form time. Currently it is hit or miss and today just happened to be a hit.

I seen Leroy's open invite post this morning and, following his directions to a tee, completed the RSVP. We will see you there.

That Leroy is a brave man opening up the Coop like that.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Chubby - I have to say that last photo is absolutely superb. The angle is great and everything stands out so well.

Kudos on that shot.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I did the same Amoretto cheesecake recipe...only we didn't have any liquor....so i substituted choc chips & choc syrup...it was teeeriffic...
  • Chubby
    Options
    Good!!!

As far as LeRoy goes...
    One man's "Brave"...is another man's Crazy!

Evans
  • Chubby
    Options
    Why...Thank you Sir!!
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Chubby,
    Your making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ross
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    what no pic of the "Waterbath" ???????

that would have been a first (as far as i know of)

how did you do that?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb