Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where you from and what do you do

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    It's all in my profile, but what they hey!!

I hail from the Ole' North State of North Carolina. I live about 40 miles North of Raleigh. 42 Miles from the Great Naked Whiz...

I am a Sr. Network Security Engineer. In English I make sure the bad guys don't break into our customers networks. At the same time I make sure our customers don't shoot their own damn selves in the foot. In Chubby Enlish I am a computer geek.

I cater part-time.
  • I was born in Los Angeles, CA. Raised in North Hollywood, Ca. Spent 3 years 8 Mo. in the Air Force mostly in Topeka Kansas. Then I got into the Motion Picture Business as an Electrician, Became a Lighting Director (Gaffer) then worked my way to become a cinematographer (Director of Photography) Retired after 41 years in 2000 Then I got into the Title Business (Real-estate) I still have to work, my first two wive's were good house keepers they each kept one.
    Ross
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Well lets see....I was born in Monterrey, ...Industrial City in North Eastern México with over 5.0 million inhabitants including suburbs. Finished my education in Germany, France & England where I did my Master in International Business. Worked my butt off for 20 years in the Steel and Brewing Industries 'till decided to get independent. Nowadays own a Recycling Business and am a consultant to a few Companies. Happily Married to my Soul Mate Loren we have a lovely daughter. My lesson in life: 1) Get Independent, 2) Pay Cash, 3) Never Retire, 4) Make sure your last check is to the funeral home & it bounces :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    I live in Maryland and hail from Maine originally. I am a computer engineer working for the navy. Currently working on precision approach landing systems.

Pdub
  • Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    I live just outside of Springfield in central Illinois.

I have worked for an electricity generating company for the last 29+ years in various chemistry and environmental positions.

My posting name comes from one of my son's suggestion for my license plate. It was my third choice and guess which one I got!

I'll retire in about 20 years - after I recover from getting five boys through college! :ohmy:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Nice thread. I was surprised at the location of some of us. OK I was born in Maine, my dad was an engineer for Lane construction so traveled all over growing up. Met Hubby in PA and was lucky enough to move home to Maine 11 years ago. have a nice family of eggs and two great boys, one very spoilt dog. I have been self employed pretty much all my life and lucky enough to do what I love. Now I am a full time hooker, of rugs that is, LOL We have the largest studio in the country and ship all over the world. We even have an Egg at the studio! LOL Julie in Maine
  • I live in Seattle, WA and am a CNC Programmer/Tool Designer.
  • Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    I was born in Bermuda and moved to Niagara Falls Canada in 1977. I sold office Furniture ( Steelcase )and have been retired for 10 years, and love it.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Well, my tag line states where I'm from (Round Rock, TX--just north of Austin) and I'm an engineer with a certain computer company here in RR and currently manage several of their internal web farms which support Corporate, Global Finance, Manufacturing, Sales, I/T, Security, and every other line of business.

Really strange hours from being called all hours of the day and night, so that's why I'm usually posting late at night, and early in the morning...
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    I was born and raised about 35 miles south of Atlanta, just outside of Griffin, Ga. I moved to Colorado when I was 25 and have been out here for 10 years. I love it, but really start missing home around college football season. Go Dawgs! I am a retail manager for an outdoor company called REI and cater part-time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i live in anderson south carolina..

which is 2 hours north of atlanta ga and 2 hours south of charlotte nc via interstate 85

i am a professional ringman here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsngqAvBQjI

i work 4 diffrent auctions every week

i work rawls aa on tuesday
    https://www.rawlsautoauction.com/

i work carolina aa on wednesday

http://www.carolinaautoauction.com/default.aspx

i work adessa aa on thursday

http://www.adesa.com/Charlotte

and i work charleston aa on fridays

http://www.charlestonautoauction.net/Default.aspx

i have been ion the auction business for 15 years have a family of 4 son 11 and a daughter 10 months ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    And you make fellow eggers buy BBQ Guru. Even if they have one.
  • I am in Loxahatchee Florida, I have an air conditioning company. Been here 21 years, formerly from New Jersey.I don't have a lot of hobbies but I fish when I can. I have 2 little ones and a wife for 23 years (we moved here together when we were young).
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I think I figured out what I want to do when I grow up.

GG
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I'm with Rick - pretty amazing how diverse the crew is here. As my handle indicates, we (me, wife and 2 kids) live in the Austin, TX area - the town of Bee Cave to be exact. We've been here for a couple years and LOVE IT. Born in Ohio (Bay Village), couple years in Metairie, LA, but really grew up in Dallas.

I am a Public Health Dep. Dir. for a vaccine company - yes, human. My primary responsibility is to manage our relationship with the State of Texas. Been with the company for 7 years after 10 in banking. Enjoy what I do a lot, and no I can't get you a Flu shot when there is a shortage....I might be able to tell you where you can get one if you really need one - we do make it.

Peace!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That's what my brother does in Olathe, KS.
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Birmingham. I am a 30 year employee with my company. I manage 25 employees with the largest privately held steel company in the US.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Thanks Randy...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I'm a pediatric urologist, originally from New Orleans.
    At the age of 50 made a life changing post-Katrina move to Richmond VA and joined my best friend in practice.
    Got an Egg and loving life.

GEAUX TIGERS AND SAINTS
  • BENTE
    well me being a loud guy anyway it was kind of a no-brainer

and with my job, and the fact that i have 2 eggs i will not grow up i will only grow OUT :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SuzyQue
    SuzyQue Posts: 13
    Hey Y'all:

I just bought my egg last Saturday, have used it almost every day, and am getting a big kick out of checking in on the forum.

I live in deep East Texas (also known as God's country)--outside of the thriving Doucette, Texas. Find that on your map. I teach developmental English part-time at Angelina College in Lufkin and work the rest of the week as a forester. I'm not really a forester--I just do their oil and gas work and the occasional contract. I was a paralegal in Houston in my previous life. Then I married a lawyer, worked free for a while, and decided to leave the business before I became a widow.

Y'all are an interesting bunch.

Susan
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    If you grew any more up you would need a blinking red light on your head.
  • kenstl
    kenstl Posts: 14
    Hi Everyone! I live in St. Louis MO and sell commercial real estate. I have had my Egg for about 2 months, loving it and learning on every cook. Great forum!
  • BENTE
    ROTFLMAO

TRI_0126.jpg

see we are the same height ;)

sorry only pic i have of us besides this one

TRI_0111.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    I'm with you on 1 & 2...3 occasional tough days make me think otherwise...4 have been thinking about leaving something for the kids, but your idea sounds more fun. LOL (for some reason the emoticans won't work at the house).
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • labdad
    labdad Posts: 7
    Labdad is my handle because we have an 11 year old black lab who rules the household. Lisa uses poodlemom, we also have an 11 year old teacup poodle. We live in Corbin, KY the home of Cumberland Falls and Kentucky Fried Chicken (the original rest. is here). I'm a retired educator who spent the last 28 years of my career as an elementary principal. I been cooking on my egg for 2 years, we have a large, small and mini. We started with a medium and quickly decided to upgrade to a medium. Guess we've tried them except an XL. Right now the mini my be our favorite to use and travels with us.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Born in Alabama, raised in Fla, reside in Georgia. I work in Air traffic control as a systems analyst.
  • Despite my handle, I live in Nepean, a suburb of Ottawa. If I walk 5 minutes north I'm in Ottawa, so close enough.

I was an engineer for 7 years, patent agent for 2, moved to Toronto to do equity research on tech stocks for two years, and now have gone full circle and am now back in the patent business doing market research.

I first saw the egg featured in the Food section in the local paper back in 2003. I said then and there that when my gasser died, I was moving to an egg. In 2006 it did and I did.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    YB,
    No I don't know Tony Strange :) . I would fess up if I did.
    Does he live in Jupiter and have an Egg?
    Should I try to find him?
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Beli,I laughed out loud! That seems to be the way I'm working toward also.Haha.