Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:29 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and (fill in the blank).

Things must be getting back to half-way normal around here. I could tell there was an emergency plumbing alert in the making so I intercepted with a move of my own. Now there will be no emergency because there will be no alert because there is nothing to cause one. Management by Interception.

You know, my assignment on this planet has always been one of honing my skills to perform both routine and interjectory tasks. Plumbing was the very first issue I had to deal with. According to early records it was a period of great joy when I finally mastered the basics. It was also the first time I really understood what 'sense of accomplishment' felt like. It felt good.

As my assignment progressed I learned that not all tasks before me were easily attainable. There were 'knowledge' and 'ability' and 'experience' issues to deal with, not to mention 'desire' and 'opportunity' and a host of other requirements set forth by the task itself and those who would expect me to do it correctly. Still, no task was out of reach, especially if I had just one more ingredient... 'enthusiasm." It seemed to be the most compelling requirement of all as evidenced by those who had the misfortune to be assigned here with overwhelming challenges yet managed to exceed even the highest possible expectations of themselves and those they randomly encounter throughout their lives. Such was the case this day when the American Flag and Team America was introduced to the World during the opening ceremony at the Olympics. It was a good moment.

That being said, I shall continue my duties. First, the refrigeration illuminator check. It works, not to my surprise, because it is both designed and programmed to work.

Next was the customary glance out the external observation portal to confirm security. Deputy Larry Ropa gave the high-sign that all was well on the Southern Front. That would also include the other fronts but it sounds better saying "Southern Front." He asked about Rodney Dangerbird. Well, I wasn't quite ready to make the official announcement just yet so I just told him that Rodney was still undergoing tests. That's only partially true. The facts are becoming increasingly clear, Rodney has suffered what appears to be irreversible damage to his motion sensing components. It isn't that the sensing components do not work, instead they work too well. Rodney senses ALL movement of any kind and immediately interprets that to be an act of aggression, thereby necessitating the alarm. Once he starts with the alarm he doesn't stop until his power cells are removed. The 'annoyance' factor comes into play very quickly for the Ranch staff.

We have been advised by HQ that acquiring a replacement has been approved. But Rodney wasn't 'acquired' through the normal assignment process, he was 'gifted' to the Ranch by Eggent SSN686 who recognized his abilities right off. It has been a rewarding Eggperience for all of us. We are still in the pondering process as to what action should be taken. I'll leave it at that.

Next, an evaluation of my own progress while in recovery mode from my recent blood-letting. It would appear that I am progressing well except for the continuing pain and side effects of the funny-meal-in-a-pill which I continue to need on a reoccurring basis, although in smaller numeric's. I managed to progressively traverse an obstacle course in a forward motion for a distance of .0000000392 sun/earth distance comparative measuring units (.5 miles) with only limited interruption. The course is designed for vehicular traffic but offers sufficient space for my activity. My goal is to multiply this progress by a factor of 6.0. I will counsel with my practicing knife-wielding medical lifeform in three light/dark periods and obtain the official results.

Finally, a check of the Forum indicates almost no digital activity. Of course that doesn't mean the 8 Members and 78 Guests currently signed in are not accomplishing something, it just means they don't have much to say about it. In fact, AlaskanC is currently aboard and chatting, a good sign that the remote areas of the planet are active. I suppose that's good enough for me and I shall resume my recharging activities.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Nothing Feels Quite So Good As Happiness" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• sir, i knew letting that hussie mona hang around would come to no good. i fear rodney has acquired an electronically transmitted disease [etd] or that her constant demand for egg fertilization services exhausted rodney to the point of malfunction.
    all of us here [me] are glad to hear you are recovering and are able to ambulate for increasing distances.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I'm getting vibes that RDB is acting out of sorts because he's sensing the presence of unearthly spirits... 8 - )