Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Touch Up Paint?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I read that there is BGE touch up paint available. I can't anyone who sells it. Does this stuff exist? If not, what have you used to paint any incidental chips in the egg? Does it need to be high temperature paint?

Thanks!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Yes BGE does sell a touch up paint, but unless your dealer carries it in stock then S & H from Hotlanta makes it kind of expensive per se. What I did was to take my rain cap to a art/craft store and match up with a small bottle of acrylic paint. It works fine.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Take your egg chimney cap to your local paint store have them match it in a nice latex it doesn't have to be high, standard paint has a high enough heat rating for Egg use. My Rada paint store will sell 1/2 pints for about 6.00, That enough paint to last a life time of ding repair + paint all your lawn furniture cool BGE green.
    FireWalker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    $6 for a half pint sounds cheap but is equivalent to $96 a gallon! I still stand by my suggestion of a small bottle of acrylic that will run less than a buck and will also be a lifetime supply for dings and pops.

Call me cheap, but I have money...could it be that I have money because I'm cheap? :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Great ideas! Thanks guys.
  • take the cap to lowes and they will match it and make teh paint for you. you can take lowes anything and get the color you need.
  • divr71
    divr71 Posts: 82
    Ron what is the exact name of the shade of green you found?