Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Craig's list purchase

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After geting screwed on a LGBGE last week....she sold it before I got there ($400!!!).....I finally made a purchase. I got A Lecruest pannini/grill pan and a wok for $50 (both)....they just as good as new! The wok is a bit small, but will fit in the small Egg just perfectly! I have never used these on the EGG before....will it ruin the enamel coating if I use them direct? For the price I don't really care though. Paul

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I use Le Creuset dutch ovens all the time in my eggs with no problems.

$50 for both pieces is a great deal. That stuff isn't cheap.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    No pics? Sounds like you got a great deal. Nice!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have put my lecrusset right onto the coals before with no problems ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Regarding Craigs List: You shouldn't blame the person who sold an item you wanted before you arrived. I have sold MANY, MANY items on CL over the fast few years. The majority of the people who say they are on the way with cash, never show. When I sell something, it is Cash & Carry to the first one who hands it over. I learned that one the hard way after holding a $500 bicycle for a guy.
  • JimS
    JimS Posts: 78
    Options
    Fidel, Does it do anything to the color? I will be in deep trouble if the smoke turns it from orange to black? Jim
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    I understand....but.....I told this "lady" that I would be there is 45 minutes....30 mile drive.....she sold it as I was on my wayShe could have called me and got at least another $100 bucks out of me......I'm lucky I'm not in "YALE"....
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Mine haven't discolored...much.

It's cookware not art....even though they are pretty. Mine are all green or cobalt and hold up rather well.