Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:18 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those with a weak game plan as to how to enjoy outdoor cooking.

Yes, I'm still alive... And yes, I'm responding to a plumbing alert. The only thing about this alert is that it really isn't an emergency. I just strolled up to the maintenance facility, moved over close to the selected porcelain furniture and pulled the pressure release lever. The process couldn't have been easier. Well, maybe a little easier if my recently wounded keel wasn't causing so much pain. But that's another topic.

The pressure having released I was then able to move into the food preparation area where I checked the refrigeration illuminator for both operation and accuracy. Yes, accuracy.... Oddly, the creators not only insist that it function, they insist that it function properly and efficiently. That includes emitting the proper number of luminaries. This issue was lightly addressed in the operating manual but has recently taken on new importance as "green" becomes the in thing. Therefore, I had to have the luminary quality measuring device flown in, hauled to the Chicken Ranch's Food Preparation Area, set up, plugged in and made ready for the trained professional who also had to be flown in and be brought to the Chicken Ranch to operate it. He turned off the artificial overhead lighting, opened the frontal wall of the refrigeration unit, turned on the luminary quality measuring device and marked whether it read "Low" or "High." Then he closed up his equipment, replaced the frontal wall of the refrigeration unit, turned back on the artificial overhead lighting and entered the new found data into his computing device for analysis. Apparently, it was well within the requirement levels to be considered "green." I could have told him that but then he wouldn't have anything to do. I can't help but wonder how many "greens" were used up in the process of saving one "green."

Rodney Dangerbird watched this entire transaction with interest. He was probably thinking they will come up with some form of "green" security whereas he would have to monitor the Ranch for excessive use of energy. That's what this place is all about... using excessive energy to get things done. Not deliberately of course, but by the time I go back and correct my misnakes I will have expended twice to four times the energy. A lot of factors cause this phenomenon: rum, klutziness and rum being among them. Anyway, he waved to let me know that there were no security problems, green or otherwise.

It is very obvious that I have a very large hole in my back as evidenced by an even larger bandage to cover it up. And under that bandage is a heap 'a hurt going on that isn't diminished in the least by the pain pills designed for that purpose. However, they do tend to make we want to sleep through the pain. I'll take it...

I made my way slowly into the Intergalactic Communications Center to check for incoming messages, and Forum reports. As is my usual practice I also checked Woot to see if any cool ideas had been made available at insanely low prices. Nope! Not this time. But there were a few reports being generated by a few Eggents, 7 Members and 119 Guests to be exact. It would appear that these Eggents were simply trying to remain awake. Given as there was more than enough to keep the lines of communications open I thought it best that I relinquish all control to them and return to the recharging/recovery station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Green Grow The Lilacs All Covered In Dew" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments