Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Group W Bench

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Debuting the weekend of August 16 at the Hudson Valley Ribfest in New Paltz, NY will be the newest all-Egg competition BBQ team; Group W Bench. Team members will be Greg Herman (Herm here on the forum), his brother Matt Herman, and myself. The team name comes courtesy of the Lunchlady, Michelle Taft.
Any fellow Eggers that might be in the area that weekend are more than welcome to stop by to make sure our beer mugs are draining properly and wish us luck.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I'll wish you luck from down south. Do us proud.
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    Have a great time and let us know how it goes. Congrats!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    LOL! Let me guess. You didn't get nothin'. You had to pay $50 and pick up all the garbage. Good name!
    The Naked Whiz
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    That would be "Alice's Restaurant". Have to sit on the Group W bench with all the guys that were unfit to serve in the US Army, ie. mother rapers, father stabbers, and father rapers.

"google" the lyrics "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie
    The song last 18.5 minutes and Wikipedia relates that the songs lyrics were all based on Arlo Guthrie's real experience and were transformed into an anti-war anthem.

"You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
    Excepting Alice
    You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
    Walk right in it's around the back
    Just a half a mile from the railroad track
    You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant"
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Citizen Q,

Good luck in a couple of weeks. I lived in Warwick (Orange County) for 2 1/2 years (2001-2004) and have very fond memories of New Paltz and the nearby Mohonk Mountain House. :woohoo: I wish I could get away and visit the Hudson Valley once again.

Roudy