Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ in Nashville?

dls2122
dls2122 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to be in Nashville next week. Any suggestions for a good BBQ eatery?

Thanks,
Don

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Try Jacks. They have 2 locations. The downtown one is better then the other one. Good luck, Tom
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Try Martin's, a little out of Nashville proper but worth the short trip.
    I also like Judge Bean's (Texas style) inside Greer Stadium (seperate restaurant)

Enjoy,
    Walt
  • opod
    opod Posts: 41
    interesting replies to your question. i live in clarksville tn, about 1 hr from nashville and have eaten bbq at several nashville establishments. I ate a Judge Bean's 2 days ago. Air conditioner is out and they don't plan to fix it--ever--as they are moving out of that location. So it's quite HOT in there, being on the 4th floor. Fun to eat and watch a game though. Very unique mix of great bbq and mexican food though--one of my favorite spots.
    My personal FAVORITE has been Jacks. I've eaten at both locations several times and have not noticed a difference between the two. downtown location has the problem with parking and hours are not as good. Also it's busier sometimes with a long line. location on Trinity Lane is bigger, has carryout/drive-though, food is just as good and parking is NOT an issue. Both locations are buffet-style which is kid-friendly.
    klk
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Jacks is okay, probably the best in Nash Vegas IMHO. My advice, take a 3 hour run down the highway to Memphis and hit the BBQ Shoppe and Germantown Commissary. ;)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Or go an hour and a half south and hit Gibson's in Decatur.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771