Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GFS brand Lump?

Options
ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone tried or seen the GFS brand lump? Says it's made in the USA and since they did carry the Royal Oak I assume it's made by them for GFS. Anyone have any experience with it?
DSCN2601.jpg

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    I have bought & used at least 10 different brands of lump over the years & I still can't tell one from the next :huh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Hate it. Will NOT get as hot as the Royal Oak. Will ot buy again. WalMart in Indy doesn't carry the Royal Oak ehich is my choice. They did have it but cleared it out.
    PS
    Go Colts beat the Bears on opening day.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Have not used GFS brand but they do carry a commercial brand (can't recall name right now) from RO that is really good, price is right $10.40/20#.

Walt
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    I brought Royal Oak into our Lansing MI store many years ago. I had to buy 1.2 pallet to do it. Yes it is private labled Royal Oak and burns well. I confirmed with the manager.
  • Eggecutioner
    Eggecutioner Posts: 628
    Options
    I have been using it all summer. I think it is ok. Sometimes it sparks a lot when lighting. So if you put your torch on another piece it sparks less. The flavor seems pretty mild. There seems to be quite a bit of smaller pieces in the 15 or so bags I have used.