Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing Recipe

dls2122
dls2122 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been sitting here stealing all your ideas and recipes for a week or so now. I'd like to share a favorite of mine - I have had several people tell me these are the best wings they've had. I'll leave it to you eggsberts to convert this to the egg.

I deep fry the wings at 375 for 8 mins. without any rub or marinade. While they are frying I place a bottle of Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce in a zip lock baggie and add Tabasco Chipotle(sp?) to taste (I like about a quarter to a third of the bottle). Wings out of the fryer amd into the zip lock bag to coat. Into a 450 - 500 oven for 5 mins - out of the oven and back into the bag (contamination not a worry since wings weren't raw) for another coating. Back into the oven for another 5 mins and you're good to go. This method keeps wings moister than just baking and has better flavor than marinating and frying and I like the baked on sauce better than a "naked" sauce. But all of this is simply personal preferences. Thought there might be someone out there like me!

I don't see why an egg set up with a platesetter at the same temps wouldn't work just as well and would add flavor. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Thanks,
Don

Comments