Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Personal Pita Pizzas

ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We took a cue from the back of a bag of pita bread - "Make personal pizzas by separating the pita pocket into two halves, add your favorite toppings and cook until done!" Sounds like yet another opportunity to fire up the Egg to me!

I lit the Egg and set it up with the platesetter and pizza stone. While I was waiting for it to come up to 500 degrees, I made a pizza toppings bar:

pitapizzas1.jpg

From the top left, we had the following toppings: pepperoni, sliced bell pepper, smoked sweet Italian sausage slices (smoked on the BGE a few days before), caramelized purple onions, grated Mozzarella and Asagio cheese, chopped ham, feta cheese, sliced black olives, sauteed mushrooms, chopped fresh tomato, fresh mushrooms, and sauce. After the Egg had enough time to heat up and stabilize, I made a nice pile of pita halves and invited everyone to come in and start creating their pizzas.

They are fast to make and VERY tasty too! They are also a lot of fun, and very inexpensive. At 500-525 they only had to cook for about five minutes. Even with only five minutes of cooking they had that great brick oven taste. My son and I each ate three, the ladies ate two apiece. I think it would be a lot of fun for little kids. You can see some of the fun that my 15 year old son had in the photos.

Here are the pics of the pizzas made by me, my wife, my son and his girlfriend. Enjoy!

pitapizzas2.jpg

pitapizzas3.jpg

pitapizzas4.jpg

pitapizzas5.jpg

pitapizzas6.jpg

pitapizzas7.jpg

pitapizzas8.jpg

pitapizzas9.jpg

pitapizzas10.jpg

Comments