Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.K. How many eggs?

daredevil
daredevil Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Here is an attempt to find out who owns the most BGE's right now. Also, can anyone claim the "cycle"? (Owning at least one of each size?)

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    daredevil,
    I have a small and a large. A lightweight! [p]Tom

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Tom,
    That's two of us - but I have a mini and a medium on my Xmas/birthday/wish list.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    daredevil,
    Large,medium and mini here plus a #1 K.
    New Bob

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    daredevil,[p]I have a Small and a Mini plus a Weber Smokey Joe. One of my neighbors has a gas grill and another has a WSM, ECB, and mini BGE. Collectively, I think our porch in my apartment complex between the 3 of us has more grills than the rest of the apartment complex combined.[p]As for the cycle, I'm pretty sure JJ and KennyG have all of them plus Chimineas. YB, you too? Maybe Spin, too?[p]Not sure, but I know there are others...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    daredevil,
    I have a large and small right now but have a mini on "hold" which I'll get in the next few weeks.....I know I've seen pictures of people with many....

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    ribsplus.jpg
    <p />daredevil,[p]Two larges and a mini. I want to get a small when they get the new bands on them.[p]Chuck <><
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />daredevil,
    I have the full set.
    Larry

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    YB,
    what one do u uise most often??
    How do u decide what to cook on which egg?
    Dublin

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    garkit.jpg
    <p />daredevil,[p]Yup, the whole set and a few other toys. The BGE chiminea (not pictured) was already on the deck.[p]K~G

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Dublin,
    Christmas and Thanksgiving I have three eggs going at one time.I use the medium the most,the reason being it's the smallest one you can get a plate setter for.I take the mini to the beach and ball games and do briskets,turkeys and pork butts on the large.I use the small if it's just my wife and myself.I stay warm with the chiminea in the winter and can cook burgers and hot dogs on it.The bottom line is I like them all and glad I bought them.My wife tells me life is not a trial run,it's the real thing and you don't get a chance to do it over,have fun the first go round.
    Larry

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    daredevil,
    I am currently running with a Small and Mini BGE and a chiminea (Blue). Both Eggs get a real work out. The chiminea is still in the box waiting for the little ones to get a little older. I can see in my mind a certain Brady Bunch episode involving a basketball.
    R&J

• PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    daredevil,[p]Just so the women can be heard from! I have two large(s), one small, and a Hasty-Bake.
  • Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    daredevil,
    My Medium, Mini and I humbly bow to those with great collections. I definitely feel like the BGE fits into the same category as cars, boats, fishing gear and guns - you can never have enough!
    Jim

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    gator1,
    Add fly rods to that list and it is complete!!

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    daredevil,
    I have 5. 2 Large, 1 Medium, 1 Small, 1 Mini. In addition I also have a Chiminea.

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Steve-O,[p]Also add computers. I have 7 (and two more in the attic that I no longer use). Once I realized that I could be totally surrounded by computers in my computer room (Yes, we have a dedicated ROOM for computers!) I realized that I had finally reached "Nerdvanna".[p]"Om, mani padra Macintosh...."[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Larry,[p]"My wife tells me life is not a trial run,it's the real thing and you don't get a chance to do it over,have fun the first go round."[p]That one's a keeper for sure![p]Kelly

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    daredevil,
    I have a large in every available colour.
    Qfan

• Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    daredevil,
    had 3- mini,small,large. but only 2 now, sold the large.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    RhumAndJerk,[p]"Mom always said, don't play ball in the house."[p]Cornfed
  • daredevil,[p]Okay, well your question is asked by an Egg newbie and answered by most of the Egg veterans about once a month on this Forum.[p]But, what we metalheads still don't understand is, why it's necessary or even just desirable, to have a half a dozen Eggs, when you can have, oh say, a WSM, that can do it all, as well, at a fraction of the cost, and is portable. [p]I guess I can see having one Egg for those occasional cold spells when you just HAVE to cook outside instead of in the kitchen, but more than that defies logic.[p]Oh, never mind. I just answered my own question.[p]Lee
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    QSis,
    Hey Sis! :) have you ever cooked on a BGE? had food cooked on a BGE?
    i think you'd like it. not just like it... you'd be impressed..
    enjoy!
    Beth

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Lee, Lee, Lee.
    Logic?? You know logic is not applicable to those who have found something they really like. Instead, people say "I want more of this cooker because I like it, and what it does for me". Some people swear by Dewalt tools, and have a full cabinet of the yellow machines. Others are Black and Decker folks, who catch the bluelight special, and have a full cabinet of B&D tools. And they swear the black and orange cheapies run for as long as the Yellow ones. People find comfort in what works for them.[p]How come you don't find eggers posting all over the other boards about the big deal about people having multiple WSM's?? Beacause they don't care. They are happy with what they have. Are you not pleased with your cookers? But you would never have more than one WSM....now would you?[p]Let the eggers be happy, and achieve Qing bliss with the cookers they choose. Man, I wish it were winter so that it would be logical to cook on my egg![p]Heeee! Always good hearing your perspective, Lee!
    Look forward to hanging out with you a bit in PA next month.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Nature Boy,
    Your analogy is correct. If you like something you stick with it. I too have just about all the tools that DeWalt makes as well as Bostic and Delta. I own 6 BGE products because I like them and can afford them. QSis if that is all you can afford then enjoy what have and do not condem others that can afford more. I am not able to purchase a 3 million dollar yacht, but I do not condem them but congradulate them in the fact that they can.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Cornfed,
    heeee
    R&J

• Nature Boy,
    Chris after all this time arent we kinda like friends.. Its with that in mind Im posting this.
    If we were paying 750.00 for the WSM and you knew the egg cooked just as well for 180.00 wouldnt you want us to know.. We would love for you to let us know something like that..[p]I Understand that the egg is a perfect match for you guys, be it because of its ability to cook in cold weather, or its ablity to hit high temps, bake bread, its super easy clean -up, whatever they are..[p]Just the price can be a bit high and maybe........[p]Dylan [p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Jeez QSis, What's crawled up your kazoo? Do you now speak for all metalheads with this condescending "what we metalheads still don't understand" bidness? Gawd, I feel like I'm being scolded by my third grade teacher.

If I choose to collect 43 minis and dance the funky chicken around them, all while pouring beer over my head and howling at the moon, do I have to explain myself?[p]Ok, I will indulge you: Because I Choose To.[p]John[p][p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Nature Boy,
    Well said about all things that a person likes. I like my eggs, they are a great cooker, people ask questions because they have not seen them and my neighbors love it when I drop something off to them. Here is a reply that I received after dropping off some pull pork.[p]Hey Bob[p]Just made some changes to my outlook program and wanted to see if you would get this message.[p]Oh by the way you out did yourself on the pulled pork....WOW...!!!!!!![p]Rob and Martha[p]Eggs are for Egger's, may we all cook on whatever makes us happy.[p]New Bob

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    JJ,
    You know, I believe that the metalheads love to stir the pot. They should start an association of "wants Something More" (WSM) owners, who do want something more, but not willing to pay the price to play!
    I believe it is a pure, proveable case of jealousy.
    Hammer[p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hammer,[p]This is just the type of generalizing about groups of any kind that I strongly disagree with. Yes, there are a few metalheads who like to stir it up here under the guise of being helpful, clever or witty. But most metalheads are happy with what they cook and don't care what you cook on. Just like I'm happy with what I cook on and don't give a hoot what someone else enjoys cooking on.[p]By the way, I cook on metal and ceramics. And it all turns out great.[p]Cold Beers to you,[p]WD