Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mustard Sauce

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Who has a rich tasting mustard sauce recipe?

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Randy Leverette,[p]I think Spin had a good one that I tried a year or so ago. I seem to have lost the recipe, though. Spin?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Randy Leverette,
    I make one that is simple and pretty good.[p]1 cup dark brown sugar[p]1 cup French's yellow mustard[p]3/4 cup white vinegar[p]15 hamburger dill piclle slices.[p]Simmer on stove for about 3 hours.
    Larry

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Randy Leverette,[p]Since mustard is my favorite sauce, I have collected and tasted quite a few. A small sampling is enclosed.........[p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]A slight twang on top of some nice sweetness. [p]Traditional Mustard Sauce [p]1/2 cup Yellow mustard
    1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar, white
    3 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar, light
    1 tablespoon Butter
    1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
    1/2 tablespoon Molasses
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper[p]PREPARATION:
    Mix all and simmer for 30 minutes.
    ____________________________________________________________[p]A very simple honey mustard. Add the vinegar last and add until you like the consistency. This has replaced the McDonald's mustard for the kids.[p]Piggy Park BBQ Sauce [p]1/2 cup Yellow mustard
    1/2 cup Honey
    1/4 cup Brown sugar, light
    1/4 cup Cider vinegar
    Salt and pepper to taste[p]PREPARATION:
    Whisk together and simmer for about 5 minutes.
    ____________________________________________________________[p]You can't handle this sauce!![p]Rip Your Tongue Out [p]3/4 cup Mustard
    3/4 cup Red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup Sugar
    2 tablespoons Butter
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon Hot sauce
    1 tablespoon Habanero powder
    2 teaspoons Salt
    2 teaspoons Pepper[p]PREPARATION:
    Mix together and simmer for 30 minutes.
    ____________________________________________________________[p]A nice refreshing taste that no other mustard sauce has.[p]Herbed Mustard Sauce [p]1/4 cup Olive oil
    2 Garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon Salt
    1/2 cup Brown sugar
    1/3 cup Cider vinegar
    1/3 cup Dijon mustard
    1/3 cup Mustard, coarse ground
    2 tablespoons Honey
    2 teaspoons Thyme, dried
    2 teaspoons Tarragon, dry[p]PREPARATION:
    No cooking needed. Just mix and serve.
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Finally, the best for last![p]Kevi's Miss Piggy Mustard Sauce [p]1 cup Mustard
    1/2 cup Sugar
    1/2 cup Cider vinegar
    1/4 cup Brown sugar, light
    2 tablespoons Chili powder
    1 teaspoon Pepper
    1 teaspoon White pepper
    1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon Hot sauce
    1 teaspoon Soy sauce, dark
    2 tablespoons Butter[p]PREPARATION:
    Combine all ingredients except soy sauce and butter. Add the vinegar last. Add to your desired thickness.
    Simmer for 10 minutes.
    Remove from heat and add butter and soy sauce.

• Cornfed
    Options
    Stogie,[p]Very nice! Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely be giving some of these a try soon...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    The Recipe God strikes again. My printer is spitting out some new stuff right now. I already know which recipe you have your eye on, Sir Heat![p]Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Shoot, I'm too predicatable! Have to admit, that is the one I was thinking of trying first. I definitely want to try that last one too, though, since it comes so highly recommended.[p]No beers tonight. Too many this past weekend, and my brain needs a few days off! FLT, friend of FLT, and myself did some quick shrimp, corn on the cob, and a big london broil yesterday. We were away from home base, though, so FLT had to improvise with simple rubs based on ingredients on hand (salt, black and cayenne pepper, sugar, this weird steak seasoning we picked up on the way to the friend's place in a pinch). Came out pretty tasty. Even quick and dirty Q is better than no Q...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    When I say "Beers", I DO intend it to mean optional, but recommended. I could use a break also. But the ones in the fridge were cold, and what better to go with watching the O's put a hammering on the Rangers tonight (10-4 now in the 8th).[p]I got a feeling this FLT dude can cook. When do we all get to cook together??[p]Later back.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ