Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIBS question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have had my new Large BGE for 2 weeks now and really love it! Lots of good info here on this forum - thanks everyone. This past weekend did 3 racks of wonderful baby backs - 5 hours of slow/low cooking and they were wonderful. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to increase the capacity in terms of cooking ribs (aside from buying another egg)??? Word is out that the BGE food is wonderful and I'd like to be able to cook more volume if possible. Thanks for any assistance!

Comments

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    mmbbq,[p]I did 6 whole racks of St. Louis spares about a month ago for about 15 people that my wife invited over. I went to the local Home Depot, and bought one of those cheap rib racks, and widened the dividers on it so that 6 racks of spares fit perfectly. Marinated them overnite in the buttermilk/mustard goop, popped em on the Egg at 1:00 PM at a temp of 225* with a pizza stone hanging underneath the main grid. (I inverted one of those elevated grids to hang)
    I turned them every 45 minutes. At around 4:00, I mopped them with Stubb's Moppin Sauce. At around 5:30, I basted em with Stubb's BBQ sauce.[p]They all came up to me later, and told me that they were the best ribs they had ever eaten, and wanted to know when I was going to do it again.

• Unknown
    Options
    DavidR,[p]Dave what you need to do is roll the ribs like a cinnamin bunn put 2 skewers through them and cook them cut bone side up. 4-6 hrs at 200-250 you will be much pleased. Let me know.
    T-Bone

• Byrdo
    Byrdo Posts: 36
    Options
    mmbbq,[p]I have heard some people discuss rolling the baby B and placing a skewer through them. I think it might of been on the BGE tape, however you might try searching the achieved postings.