Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the cob

Options
Eggscaper
Eggscaper Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you cook corn on the cob on the egg? Do you wrap it in foil, do you take the husks off or leave them on. What temp and how long?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Go to the search forum in top left and type "Corn Cob". There about 700 responses! Happy reading.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I soak the corn for 10 min to 30 min and put it on a raised grid & cook for 10 to 25 minutes.

The only thing I do to the corn is cut any long excess silk. Otherwise leave the corn alone.

Lots of butter and other spices available for eating. Most asked for around here is normal S&P, Lemon Pepper, Garlic & Onion, and some different chili and other pepper powders.

GG
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    It is best in the husks.Peep back the husks,remove the stringy stuff and put husks back on.I prefer evoo instead of butter,but that's just me.300* for 20-30 minutes directly on grid.Enjoy :)
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Options
    Just wanted to say THANKS I cooked silver queen corn and it was GREAT. Forgot to take pictures but the wife did say that it smelled like the fair when I brought the corn in.

Thanks
    doug
    dallas, georgia(the other dallas)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I cut off excess silk and throw it on the Egg, don't soak, don't peel and try to get the husks back on. If indirect, 40-60 min at 350 dome, if direct, keep turning every 10 min and get a char all around. -RP