Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how should I freeze a cooked P. Tenderloin???

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have one cooked pork tenderloin to freeze, is it best to freeze it whole or slice it first. I am asking because I am not sure what the is the best way to have it ready for re-heating at a later date.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    PorkT_06_13_0018_06_03.jpg
    <p />New Bob, why cook in advance? The whole process of cooking a PT only takes about 40 minutes! :~}

[ul][li]Pork Tenderloin[/ul]
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Gfw,
    Your picture looks great.
    I had out of state company, had 4 pork tenderloins wrapped in a japapeno mustard glaze sauce. They did not stay long enough for me to cook for them. (their loss) I gave two away and have one that i want to freeze. I am only one and like to change meat every couple of days. The cook I had planed never with company never took place.
    Thanks,
    New Bob[p]P.S. I still have a tenderloin I need to freeze.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    New Bob, the only time that I have frozen a PT, I sliced it and later reheated in microwave like PP - 5 minutes at 30% and served on a bun with BBQ sauce. Maybe someone else has an idea - good luck :~}

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    New Bob, [p]If you have a food saver or other vacuum sealer I think you could do it either way. I have frozen cooked boston butt pulled and also a whole butt. The whole piece I defrosted, pulled and nuked and it was as good as fresh. The pre-pulled was just nuked and was great also. [p]If you don't have a food saver the I suggest eating over the next few days. I like to take leftover PT and put it in a pita with roasted peppers cheese and a little hot sauce. It won't stay around long eaten this way.[p]Chuck <><

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Gfw,
    I was going to say...I never have enough leftover pork tenderloin to freeze!
    Sliced thin...such an excellent sandwich....damn I'm hungry!

• Unknown
    Options
    New Bob,
    I'd freeze it in chunks and slice later. I've done it both ways and when I sliced first the slices tended to fall apart.