Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lookin for a JOB

metrylee
metrylee Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
after 35 years my boss told us she is closing up
i live out side new orleans.
lookin for work,thanks

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Too bad. Sorry to hear that. Been there myself a few times. It always worked out for the better.

What kind of work do you do?

Spring "Deliberately Unemployed" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    As a victim of "Corporate Downsizing" myself I know how you feel...Hope everthing works out for you. Like Spring Chicken said things usually work out for the better. Best of luck.
    Bob

Opelika, Alabama
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Have been there a couple of times also...it WILL work out for the best...just land on your feet and keep movin ;)
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    I don't live in the New Orleans area....But I do a fair amout of business there......I sell products to three different wholesale florists in the area....Pike's Peak....GreenLeaf....and St. Rose Nursery.....The Mother's Day holiday and the wedding season is coming up and it's possible they may have some part time / seasonal work available......Check them out!!

Ed McLean....eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Metrylee,

Don´t forget that we are always faced with great opportunities brilliantly desguised as insoluble problems..............

Principle 1: Get your independence. You sem to be there, try & start something on your own
    Principle 2: Pay cash. Know economic limits and stay within them
    Principle 3: Never retire. We live much longer now
    Principle 4: Make sure the last check to the funerary bounces. Use your money & enjoy your life fully.

ALL THE BEST.
  • Beli
    I love number 4 and disagree with number 3. If you can afford to retire retire. Just don't for get to live. These are the years that you should be doing what you love and not what others think you should be doing.
  • metrylee
    metrylee Posts: 94
    i delivered and installed appliances today was my last day