Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving back to eggheadforum.com

Options
WMK
WMK Posts: 1,747
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
All,

We need to test our new template on greeneggers.net; so, I've just prepared eggheadforum.com (which is the real home of our forum) with all of the changes made since the beginning of year.

All your avatars, the banners, and any fixes we've made to the site, should now be duplicated on eggheadforum.com.

I am now going to remove the redirection from eggheadforum.com.

Hopefully, there will be no problems on eggheadforum. Please post in forum feedback if you see any issues.

Note: as this is a different domain, you will likely need to recheck "remember me" the next time you log in to keep from being logged out every hour.

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I'm here baby!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    meee 2!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You'll hit on anything. :woohoo: Way to much Chubby Love going on these days.

Mike
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Durn.. I thought in the confusion....

Answer the dang phone...
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    I´m on the eggheadforum..com now seems OK
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    it worked for me
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    for your heads up i am on the main forum page and the list of those members logged in does not show. is that by design or is it a fix needed?

incidentally, the list is available if i navigate to the forum home page.

also the layout might need some tweaks. the fonts for the posts and threads change as i make the necessary adjustments, however the banner ads and your other fixed details might be too small.

sure don't want all the crybabys belly aching to you.

thanks for bringing a sense of harmony to our forum.

btw, any additional thought on granting moderator status to some reasonable eggers?
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    I just switched over. Everything looks the same. Nice job!
  • WMK
    Options
    citychicken,

At the moment, it is by design that, in "wide" mode, the left and right modules are not visible.

The new template we will soon be testing back over on greeneggers.net will eliminate the "wide" and "narrow" view confusion w/out giving up the ability to use the screen real estate for just the forum (like the current "wide" mode) or to display the same stuff as you see on the left of the home page (the right side will also be selectable).

The font size issues, and also image viewing, are two of the primary reasons are working on a new template (though there are others).

As to moderators -- once we get all of this dust to settle; and, have time to look into what moderators are permitted to do, we may enable this feature. The forum already supports "moderators", but we are not sure we like what we have now. We will likely at least add "report this message" link, as many other forums have, to each message. The new forum makes such things much easier than the old one.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    I'm here, hope gets back to its old charm!
    My Best,
    Ross
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Please no forum cops, that's all we need. There are enough people that will jump in a bite should something be too far off base.

Report abuse button is great.

Anyway, that's my 2¢ for what is worth.

Kent
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I winced when I read this, but I'm on eggheadforum.com now and it's fine. Bravo, WMK!!
  • Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    WMK,

Thanks, it works!
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great to me WMK! Just adjusted the font larger.
    Thanx,
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Are preferences expected to transfer over? If so, they didn't.

Or are those stored in a cookie on our PCs?
  • WMK
    Options
    Haggis,

I'm not sure what preferences you mean.
    Your profile preferences are shared by both sites already (they use the same database); however, preferences like the current font size, and "remember me", are stored in cookies, so they will not transfer. You'll need to reselect these, but only once.
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    So far, so good. Now if I can only remember tomorrow where we are today.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Obviously it was a slow day at the office. Man, you jumped on that post like a duck on a June Bug! I knew that you were quicker than you appear. Ever watchful for good and evil in the Egg World, are you? : :) evil: Good Night, Chubby Van Helsing!

Yes, it's only 7:00 p.m., but I have duties that require adequate shuteye....and duty is pretty darn close to calling. (it happens when you get old....and a ten year old daughter).

BuddyLawn
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    I like it here.
    I like it there.
    I like it on dot net.
    I like it on dot com.
    I like green eggs not spam.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    About saved pages???? will they stay on the new template??????? Hope so....I´got literally hundreads..... TKS
  • WMK
    Options
    Beli,

In general yes, links to messages on either forum will continue to work as expected. Even links to the old forum will go to the new one. You may, however, notice some "glitches" on greeneggers.net was we test our new template and other new features there before deploying them on eggheadforum.com. In such cases, if you change the url in your browser window from "greeneggers.net" to "eggheadforum.com", that should fix the problem.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I'm thinking we need to imortalize him in song. John already beat us to doing it in stone.........I'm thinking about a "whole lotta love" parody........"theres a whole lotta chubby"....da na nah na nahhhh...... :woohoo:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    So we should use the new URL from now on?
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    WMK, looks great, thanks for the hard work. Now the Spring Chicken won't be so lonely in the early AM. Currently 350 members and 2965 guests. Leroy your crew is growing. LOL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    all the aol problems except the front page taking 30 seconds to upload seem fixed on my end with the change over. wow we have profiles and editing features in aol B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Numbers don't lie. Well, maybe sometimes. Okay, a lot of times. Yea, maybe even more than a lot. I must have said that a quad-zillion times.

Spring "Ciphering Is Making Active Numbers Out of Static Numbers" Chicken
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm likin'it toooooo!

Protrude on

Cajun
  • WMK
    Options
    fishlessman,

That's certainly good news.
    By front page, do you mean the forum index page? It is of course the slowest page to load, but eventually we'll look into to anything we can do to speed things up a bit, though I cannot make any guarantees.
  • WMK
    Options
    Rascal,

Yes, the forum will remain here -- this is its real home. We will, however, still be using greeneggers.net for testing new features; so, we may occasionally ask you to visit it before we update the main site with new stuff to avoid major disruption.
  • Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    Options
    If you like the BLUES listen to www.wevl.org on the web. Friday night is the best with Cap'in Pete's Blues Cruize. Or if you are local - listen to 89.9 fm.