Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Demo

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, this is really bad to admit but this is my first posting on any kind of website ever. I have the Big Green Egg dealership in Topeka, Ks, Patio Pool & Fireside. I've carried the Egg for probably eight-ten years and have loved every bit of it. I'm having my first truly official Egg Cook out on saturday April 12th. I'm looking for some easy ideas on cooking something interesting and fun????
[ul][li]egg demo Topeka, Ks[/ul]

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Fatties would be real easy. Pizzas, pork tenderloins. Many things.
    You know we are looking for a dealer in KC area to host an eggfest? ;) Topeka might work. If I wasn't going out of town for 4 days to Oklahoma, I would come over and help.
    BTW, I think they have 75 eggs sold at the OK Fest.

Mike
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Try some atomic buffalo turds (ABT's). Easy and delicious! Don't be afraid to play with the recipe a bit (shrimp instead of little smokies). Let us know how things turn out!

ctredwell
    go dawgs
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    how about some smoked brats using a platesetter then have a pan with beer and soak them in it until ppl ask for slices of it...get small little pitas and wrap 1/2 a brat into it with a shmear of hot grainy mustard...........can anyone tell that I am watching BBQ university?

:)
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    Abts, Chicken wings/drumsticks, pizza with premade crusts always works well, muffins of some sort or brownie bites for the kids

You can have babyback ribs made from the day before and save the saucing step for during the demo and also have some going on another egg.

Good luck!
    -Jill
  • ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    Jeff Welcome to the Forum. Please give us your address and how to get to your business. Also include the hours of your demo.

Thanks David and Jan Overland Park
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    Hey Jeff,
    Welcome!
    Everyone should know that Jeff's location is in the Westboro Mart (now they call it Westboro Plaza) area in Topeka. A quaint and neighborly shopping area with K.C. Plaza architectural style. There is a strong art walk in Topeka on the first Friday of each month and Jeff is always out front cooking great meat and passing out samples to folks who come to the area for the art walk. You can check him out at First Friday's also.
    I blame him for kidnapping us into this cult :laugh: , he is a great dealer.
    Carol
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    I pasted this from Jeff's website. This will help you find the Cook. I hope this helps. Rumor has it Lowrodz is coming and I will also try to lend a hand.
    Carol

Monday - Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
    Thursday 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
    Friday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday - Closed -

Patio Pool & Fireside, Inc. is located at 3109 SW Huntoon St, Topeka, KS. Our phone number is (785) 357-5194, or you can reach us at ppf@networksplus.net.

http://www.patiopoolandfireside.com/
  • I here you are the man to get to know. I would really like the opportunity to put something together. We've tried to do a cooking demo but mother nature was not very kind. My work# 785-357-5194. my cell phone785-224-1974