Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the egg always surprises me.

Options
citychicken
citychicken Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yesterday afternoon i cooked up some chicken thighs for tacos today. the trouble is i wasn't paying to much attention to them while they were on the egg. i started trimming the lawn.

ooops! by the time i got back to them thighs, they hit an internal of 198. thought they were toast. fortunately for me i was cooking them on the egg and not a metal cooking utensil. yes they were past their prime but still pretty dang juicy. gonna be great on the the tacos for lunch today.

Comments

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Cutting the grass already :( I've got at least one more week hopefully more before I have to fire up the lawn tractor. We almost never make taco's. I'll have to make some extra chicken one night for taco's plus a trip to taco bell and get some of thier fire sauce.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    mmm...love tacos..need to try that..have done burritos and quesadillas, but not tacos. I've mowed twice Tom and needs it again :angry: :(
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I always take thighs legs and wings to 200, the skin is crisp and the meat falls off the bone. Americas Test Kitchen did a show about pulled chicken, they took the thighs to 205. -RP