Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterday's Ribs

Options
Charcoal Mike
Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribs.jpg
<p />Thanks to all the replies yesterday regarding the rib cook.[p]I rubbed the ribs down with yellow mustard and Ken Stone's Gilded Splinter's Rub on Friday, wrapped in foil and stuck in the fridge.[p]Cooked over plate setter/drip pan filled with a mixture of apple juice and beer at 325 for 3 hours, flipping and spraying with apple juice every 45 minutes or so. Used one soaked onion, two chunks apple, one chunk pecan in the fire.[p]After 3 hours, removed the plate setter, and cooked direct for 30 minutes on a raised grid (thanks for the ideas for the bolts to raise the grid, by the way). Brushed several times with my favorite sauce (a variation of GFW's, and served.[p]Here is a pic from right before I took them off the egg. FANTASTIC![p]If you haven't tried Ken's rubs yet - DO!![p]

Comments