Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the smallest cook you've lit a BGE for?

Options
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wondered this as I lit the large for one (1) hotdog this afternoon! (I was bored) Usually I just through something like that in the microwave but had some free time! While I have used my mini for one burger, one hotdog, etc., the large isn't usually fired up unless whatever it is won't fit on the mini. What's the smallest amount of food you've cooked on an egg?

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Actually, when I was having so much trouble learning how to stabilize the temperature on my new egg, I did a low and slow with no food on it. Just the grid.

The least amount of food I ever cooked was one hamburger. Just like you, I was bored, and no fast food restaurante could have satisfied me at the time. It was worth what little lump I burned.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Once,I started my small just to make a grilled cheese sandwich.I wanted a snack while waiting for the babybacks on the medium.I could have done it inside,but wifey says that I make too much of a mess.Plus,it was perfect weather and didn't want to be inside. :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I just lit my Mini to cook a burger for dinner. But I've also cranked up my large many times just to warm up stuff already cooked. Much better than a microwave for re-heating in my opinion.

Spring "Light 'em If You've Got 'em" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Oh yea, and there was that little gal, 'bout 4 ft 10 in. who worked at Waffle House about 10 years ago... :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    actually iof it has been a couple days since i have lit an egg i will lite one and throw an old onion in just to smell up the neighborhood. i am not sure i guess a hamburger or a hot dog

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    I have lit the med to toast a marshmello cause there is no other way acceptable and the law frowns upon an open fire in the yard...........
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I've fired up my small a few times for just one 1/4 pound Hebrew National hot dog.

I have also fired it up just to smoke two hard boiled eggs to later chop up for flavoring the stuffing for deviled eggs.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs may just win!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    My daughter performed a solo in her Acro dance Last Saturday and she nailed it. I told her I would make her anything she wanted for breakfast on Sunday. I lit the large for four slices of pig candy.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    More than once...

one baked tater... Oh, yeah!

Smear with OO, S & P

Cut it in half, rip the guts out, and stick some butter inside the jackets.

That's it -- already salted and peppered...

Yumm!

~ B
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Two small but thick prime petite beef fillets.... awesome on the mini!

john
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    1 baked tater on a LBGE..wanted a snack and cant stand nuked taters! :angry: besides..they are so good on the egg...I don't even add butter or salt..just bust em open..add some pepper and eat skin and all! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    A pepper. One. I had a craving for those blackened peppers with a little balsamic vinegar, so I fired up the mini and blackened one pepper. It was worth it.

mShark
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    You've got me beat. I've fired up the large for two hotdogs before.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
  • Sirhuntsalot
    Options
    I fileted a couple of amebas the other day and cooked them. I thought it was a waste of time but they are in season now so I said ...what the hey. ;) Sorry no pictures. You have to eat them while they are hot.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    i think this is my smallest cook, never ate just one hotdog so that would be impossible for me. heres one bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chourico sausage.
    2004_0204_233641.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it