Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie Egg Man, How'd your first cook come out?

Options
Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was just wondering what you chose for your first cook and how it came out.
B D

Comments

• Big Daddy,[p]Great! Just like everyone told me this thing cooks great! I love it! I have impressed my friends and relatives. The steaks were great. I did 4 NY strips cut 1" thick with Richard's Seasoning...the local NC butchers stuff...it is great...I did them 3 minutes per side @ 700 degrees F and then dwelled them for 2 more minutes except for the wife's as she likes them mooing...all were PERFECT. I used the electric starter and I was cooking in 10 minutes...amazing!! You can see the needle move!! Reminds me of my Dad's Electra 225 fuel guage...!!! And this is not a ronco commercial!! This thing works!! I think I sold one tonight to my neighbor! My only problem was the flashback...Yep, I knew and I read about it and I knew better but I opened the lid at 750 degrees with low O2... and smelled the hair on both arms!! hehe...that's what happens when you follow advise about the 1-1-2 beer method!! Feels good, burns hair!! hehe...I love my egg...the old grill and smoker are going to the yard sale. This grill is here to stay! Woohoo...Steak & eggs for Breakfast! When I figure out a place to post pictures they are coming as I have a bunch! Note the new name...I am now Andrew Flashback...the Newbie is in the past and I have the burned hair to prove it!

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Andrew Flashback,[p]I'm glad you (nor your Egg) weren't injured during the flashbacks. I do my best to avoid them, personally. Also good to see you are liking your Egg.[p]Regarding picture hosting, I'm a fan of www.photo.net. Picture hosting is free there, and you can link the pictures to this site, such that we can see them.[p]You'll notice that over the last couple of days, Yahoo and Geocities have both been used, but the pictures show as broken links. photo.net pictures won't do that, as long as you do them correctly...post the URL of the picture itself, not the URL of the page displaying the picture. Another good thinkg about photo.net, is their site is reasonably fast responding. Other photo hosting sites can take quite a bit of time to navigate and get to the pics.[p]Good luck![p]--sdb[p]