Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great News for Me

Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Hey - I was at work the other day, i work at a bank, and one of your customers who runs a Pool and Patio shop was in making a deposit and was telling the teller about a new product they MAY start to carry. She was describing this grill that used char-wood and did long slow cooks. Needless to say my ears perked up. Finally she said the magic words, she said the name is "Big Green Egg."" WOW - I had a great conversation with her after she made her deposit, telling her i have been to the last 2 eggfests in Atlanta and a couple in other towns. Told her how prior to getting my BGE i was buying a grill every two years or so. I hope she to starts selling them. How handy for me to have a dealer in town and not having to drive a town or two away to buy supplies. After all It is all about me. I just hope this shop give it a whirl. This made my weekend..
Doing Dr. BBQ's Sherry Turkey tomorrow, hope the weather holds out, Predicting ice storms in my part of Illinois.
Grasshopper :laugh:

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    You need to realize Atlanta doesn't have an Eggfest...and if you have been to 2 of them you should already know.....it's "Eggtoberfest"..."Eggfest" is in Waldorf Maryland
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    The ice storm is going to stop you cooking how??? :woohoo:
  • Celtic Wolf
    stike is that you????

Eggtoberfest is still an EGGFEST.. Now sit over in the big fluffy chair and have another Crown and Coke. :cheer:
  • Anyway - I was at the last two Eggtoberfests - I stand corrected. At the last Eggtoberfest we did meet you and your lovely wife, and she sold us on a mini - so our family grew by one
    Grasshopper
  • No it will just force me once again to dress for the weather.
    I just got done preppin the bird - filled it with Sherry and butter - lucky bird -
    Grasshopper
  • Celtic Wolf
    I was at 5 of them last year... Yep!!
  • I have seen a pic or two of you, and you are way too young to be that grumpy. ;) Some of your past Grumpy Old Man posts may have actually had some merit, but look at your last three posts.

1) I thought the consensus was that it is OK to have OT posts if it is made clear in the subject line that it is OT. Yet some old boy who thought he was looking out for us gets tuned up for clueing us in to a good deal.

2) Someone starts a thread asking us how addicted we are to the forum, and we get a ton of nice responses, and then we get one on how the forum is not what it used to be, how many newbies post just for the sake of running up the numbers of posts, and that you only reply when you have something positive to add (a regular little ball of sunshine :))

3) Someone adds a cool post about how it appears he will get his first egg dealer in his hometown, and he gets tuned up for calling Eggtoberfest an Eggfest.

You have a lot of good information, and are quick to help others, and that is greatly appreciated, now let's all relax and enjoy the ride.
  • WessB
    Thank you for the kind words....will try a little harder at the relaxing thing
  • WessB
    Glad to hear that, you meet so many people at these events it's hard to remember everyone.....ya gota try "sliders" on the mini...I believe that was the last cook I added to my website......All ya need to do now is head on up here in May and join us at "Eggfest" :)
  • Great to share this forum with positive thinking people like you :)